DH

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
He is about the same today. He seems better and then not. He was confused before the surgery, so I do not think they hurt him. The swelling is going to have to go down. Quite alarming to hear some of the stuff he says. The nurse asked him why he was in the hospital and he said they cut his ears off. I got there when he was finishing his lunch and I thought he had a piece of toast or bread with a slice of tomato, but realized it was a chocolate chip cookie. I said you have a tomato on your cookie and he said, I know that. He knows all of us and things about the house, the phone number, address. He finally said the name of the hospital, but said he was in Oklahoma City. He is not sleepy and tired like before. He is more awake and stronger. Yesterday he said he had cornbread in his feet and then laughed. Lol. He is now interested in television, which I think is a good sign. When in the hospital last week he had no interest in it and just slept and did that at home. We will see how it goes tomorrow. Thank you for the prayers and kind words.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm wondering if they have him on any pain meds? Demerol can really make a person talk out of their heads in comical ways and also cause them to be confused enough to put a tomato on a cookie.

What a blessing to have him acting in the old ways that are familiar and loved by you! Praying for you all still. :hugs

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is unbelievable that he is acting like he used to from 2 years ago. I agree about meds making you do and say things that you normally would not. I once was on vicodin and when I noticed I was acting weird I went off of it.

I will keep praying for you both. May the lord continue to heal him and give you strength.

Mary

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
He seems to have calmed down. I am not seeing the old behavior as much, but his voice on the phone if he is feeling good is like he used to talk. He may get moved to a rehab place, but not sure yet. I hope it is closer to home. He is not getting any pain medication other than Tylenol. I am going to meet with the oncologist tomorrow and try to talk to the neurosurgeon.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
They had sent my dad home with Tylenol 3, but he only took 1 or 2 of them. I cannot imagine how something like that wouldn't hurt worse, but I'm glad it didn't!

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
They are transferring him to rehab here in town today. I talked to the neurosurgeon's nurse and she said they did a repeat MRI 24 hours after surgery and will do another in 6 weeks. The surgeon said he says for prognosis, he can fight this for another year, which means he is fine from this surgery. Who knows if he will have something else happen or in a year be doing great and even trying new approved cancer drugs, but he is stronger. I think he is having some confusion from being in the hospital, but he can read the time on the clock and starting to understand days of week, which he was having trouble with that before the surgery. I was dreading the drive and all the parking garage, elevator craziness today, but I do not have to go now. Will see him close to home and no parking garage and elevator travel. What a month this has been. :th