DH

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
He is stronger today. Still confused some, but getting better as the day went. Was out of bed and walked a little. He is looking different. He has more of alert facial expressions. For the past 2 years he has seemed kind of not as alert, more of dull facial expressions. He has been nice and calm for the past 2 years, but normally he is pretty let's say animated. Lol. He used to get upset easy, wants things now, so he was getting upset with the nurses which is something more normal for him. He started moving his hands different and even DS noticed and his hands were strong and he said I bet he gets right out of bed and walks and he did. He used to stroke his chin when talking on the phone or thinking and he was doing it over and over today, and looking at his hands. I used to tell him he needed to have something in his hands if he ever quit smoking. He smoked for over 40 years and quit 2 years ago when diagnosed. I hope the urge to smoke does not return. He has been calm for 2 years. I see this finger hand moving thing and I used to be able to tell when he was going to get up and get a cigarette. I also called him on the phone tonight and when saying goodbye he called me Babe. He called me that all the years we have been married but I cannot remember him saying it for the last 2 years. For 25 years I am either honey, babe, wifey, wife, mother, mama, but never my first name very often and the last 2 years he is using my real name a lot. I thought I would put his picture here since people are praying for him. This is my favorite picture of him. This is 1999. I cropped this one so you can see him better. He is holding DS in this picture and DD standing next to him. This is the day we brought DS home from the hospital 2 days after he was born. View attachment 20000
OMG He looks so young. God bless you.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
He got moved in to his new room. They had him go by wheelchair to the dining room. He picked out his food and ate, talked, made a few jokes with nurses. Tired, but really I think did well for the first day. He will get 3 hours of rehab 5 days a week.
Stay on the staff to be sure he gets his rehab.. A neighbor went to a very expensive facility near me and the first 3 days-no therapy.. It was knee replacement and they should start from day one with rehab. He went home instead of wasting his money and got local rehab..

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Stay on the staff to be sure he gets his rehab.. A neighbor went to a very expensive facility near me and the first 3 days-no therapy.. It was knee replacement and they should start from day one with rehab. He went home instead of wasting his money and got local rehab..

Wow. I did notice he had on the same shirt and then the next day, and then realized he had on the hospital socks, so I changed his socks and put on the ones that they had put in his room, and I put a mark on the cuff with, a marker to see if they got changed and asked why he had on the same clothes. They said it was up to him, and realized he was telling them he did not want a bath or different clothes, so I told them to talk him into it. I saw him walking the halls with a walker and was impressed how far they walked him, and then he climbed stairs, 4 up and 4 down, and did it 3 times. Today, I call him and he was pretty rested sounding. Two hours later I call and he sounds exhausted and I said did they take you to the gym, he said no. He was tired, so I told him I was going to church and not come see him. DD went to early service, so she went to see him. She said he was asleep and she brought him some fries, but did not want to talk. I get home from church and he is still tired, so I called the nurse to see what exercise he had today and they said none. I wonder sometimes if he is still bleeding and nobody will know until they do a repeat MRI. The followup from surgery the next day seemed stable and so I just have to hope it is not happening. He is still confused. Getting stronger in legs, but I just don't know what to think about it right now. Even if his brain is stable from surgery, he still has cancer.