Digging into February

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
We're in between storms so yesterday it was very bright and sunny, contrary to what Digits thinks. ;):p So I planted my 2 David Austin roses.

Don't you guys just love hearing about my weather? haha Maybe this morning after breakfast I'll take a walk along the beach before the rain comes. :cool:

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's snowing right now.
When I was out doing animal chores I took a lot of slushy mix off the dog run "roof", actually a grand redneck contraption I concocted a few years ago ("temporary" of course) of a tree trunk spanning the 12'x12' run with rafters that are extra 8' tree stakes I had around, then covered with a couple of tarps. It's worked fine, and keeps the dogs and their houses dry. My builder-man has promised a real roof this summer. :)

I have so many other projects lined up for him, but I'm going to ease him into all those real gentle like. tee hee smiley.gif

The tarped hay stacks were buried in wet slushy stuff that had slid down the sides and I had to dig to find the edge of the tarp so I could get under and retrieve the mornings hay. Later today I'll need to get back out there and do a good job of it so I don't end up with a headache of a mess.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
We're in between storms so yesterday it was very bright and sunny, contrary to what Digits thinks. ;):p So I planted my 2 David Austin roses.

Don't you guys just love hearing about my weather? haha Maybe this morning after breakfast I'll take a walk along the beach before the rain comes. :cool:

Mary
:plbb :plbb :plbb

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We have snain rain x snow Mossyrock sits in a depression we have this but
cannot get to Olympia or Morton on Highway 12...
but started a garlic pure chicken sh*t

Attachments

• 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 243

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lots of schools closed and delayed this morning.

This unredeemable ridiculous dripping dribble unredressed by whomever is supposed to being doing something about it ... is a disruption to people's workday lives!

Oh yeah, the snowplow made it down our road yesterday afternoon. Yay!

Supposedly freezing right now but it's not. At 20°f tomorrow morning, everything will be a icy mess if the forecasters are anywhere close to being right. Then, snow on the day after with snain :) right back in the evening - lots of rain on Thursday. I guess I'll find out if my basement will flood for the first time in 20 years!

We called rain & snow mix - "sleet" when I was a kid but I understand that Americans have stopped using that in favor of "a wintery mix." The wordsmiths tell us that sleet is now the term for "ice pellets" except in the UK where it is still the word for rain & snow mixed. How about Ireland? I think "snain" is better than "a wintery mix," Shoot!

Steve

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It was in high 60's yesterday and last night it blowed wind and rained all night. My chihuahua was scared. She snuggled under the quilt next to me shaking until she dozed off. I'm surprised my grandson slept through it and didn't climb in bed with us.