Digging into February

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is no better way to spend time on a snowy day than to read.
You've got a really nice reading list there too.
reader.jpg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
It might be a nice thing to have snow and be forced to not work outside, not build a feed/tack room in the barn, not chop green briars, not get 5 huge dead trees dropped by tree climbers, not spread the wealth of wood chips we have dumped here by power line cleaning crews, not revel in the 70 degree sunshine, not take a ride on a new horse in the evening, not work in the garden getting it ready for spring planting, not watch new lambs romp and play in the green winter rye grass, not have grand kids playing outside in the dirt and running up and down the piles of wood chips, not driving anywhere I want to-whenever I want to-without having to battle snow and ice.........or it could be really nice to just look at pictures of snow....... :lol::lol::lol:

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's nice to not have to battle 99% humidity, or fight insects 24/7/365, or so hot at 9 AM that you can't leave store bought air, or watch my hard work in the garden just wither and die from heat....... Two can play that way.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
It might be a nice thing to have snow and be forced to not work outside, not build a feed/tack room in the barn, not chop green briars, not get 5 huge dead trees dropped by tree climbers, not spread the wealth of wood chips we have dumped here by power line cleaning crews, not revel in the 70 degree sunshine, not take a ride on a new horse in the evening, not work in the garden getting it ready for spring planting, not watch new lambs romp and play in the green winter rye grass, not have grand kids playing outside in the dirt and running up and down the piles of wood chips, not driving anywhere I want to-whenever I want to-without having to battle snow and ice.........or it could be really nice to just look at pictures of snow....... :lol::lol::lol:
:plbb That's right, rub it in.:plbb

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seed and Bay, I don't know what you guys are talking about. :cool:

Mary
See how the fact that southerners like to rub salt in wound, has been taught to a San Fran person who has been taught through adoption. She used to be so sweet and never would taunt like this. At least no pictures of sour dough bread and fresh seafood dishes......

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's not like I'm trapped in a box here! The snow just makes it different.:) I still ride my horse, although that is dictated by the slickness of the gravel roads, I use my kicksled nearly everyday and play drag-a neighbor-kid behind the quad. The kids and I built snowmen up by the road for the neighbors enjoyment. They were reclining snowmen though because the snow was too powdery to ball up, haha, but pretty cute.

You got me on the chopping greenbriars though @baymule , oh how I long to do that! :lol:

This is the only time I get to do some serious reading and I dearly love it! :love
All that other stuff comes on at 90 mph in spring-summer-fall and our days are extra long in the summer so it's get up and hit the ground running!

We're building a tack/feed room too! Soon as these 5' berms of snow go away..... I wouldn't trade for all the 70 degree days in the world. But I do love to hear your stories and look at your pictures!:hugs

p.s. I cracked up at "not being forced to work outside". That snow won't shovel itself sweetpea! :gig