Disaster With Grandmother's China

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gee, @Carol Dee that almost makes me want to break my china!
Nyboy, I hear that if you have an older lesbian wearing purple robes, burning herbs in a smudge pot, at midnight on a full moon--can lift the curse! Karma listens to them, or so I've been told!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
oh no!! My reaction was the same as everyone's!

Plate's, a plate. See, he can't be happy about doing that ...

Still ! Absolutely wonderful repair work can be done - museum quality :)!

After the divorce ... I don't mean between NyBoy and his nephew. I mean - my divorce. I looked around my home and realized that I had next to nothing. I didn't have much before ... could have been one of the problems.

Anyway, a plate that you have always enjoyed looking at is one that you always enjoyed looking at. You don't have to put food on it. Repaired, it can go on the wall. Just like I did with some of my plates.

Steve
who could still afford to eat off of paper

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Okay, @Nyboy. This will help.

Go up to the attic - at least, as far as the door - and demand of that spider: "Katimma ish ia? Katimma ish ia?!"

Use your loudest voice. Don't scream. You don't want the spider, or anything else, to think you are scared of them. Don't even shout. Great Big Voice.

Strong emphasis on the first word. You repeat it because you want him to get the impression you have little respect for his ability to comprehend.

Steve

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ouch. I have a glass bowl that has been in my family for about 200 years. If it got broken...I'd probably tear out all my hair, before making one of the cool ideas shown here.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
After the holidays will do something, liking mosaic ideas. Mary I had great luck today, picked up a painting by my favarite Artist for $50.
Yay! You do have the ability to get good deals. So maybe you're not so bad after all. Ha

Nyboy, are you artistic? Will you be able to do some of those mosiac things? If not, find someone who can.

Mary

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think something lovely for the garden would be so nice. Then you can look at it while you're out there and think of your grandmother. With all those pieces, I'm sure you'll have enough for several projects.

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, dang NYboy! When did you strangle him?

I have a sugar bowl and creamer that great grandma brought with her on the boat from Germany when she was pregnant with my grandma.

The complete set made it by wagon, packed in a barrel, all the way to Idaho. Then one day great grandpa was looking for something and started on the barrel, tossing the dishes aside and breaking them. My grandma who was just a young girl at the time managed to rescue the sugar bowl and cream pitcher.

My mom had them passed down to her, and she gave them to me and told me the story on my last visit the night before we came home. That was the last time I got to sit with my mom. So those pieces of china are priceless to me.

Maybe I should take a picture of them now, so if I break them I'll at least remember what they looked like.

Great ideas @Carol Dee!

(And @digitS , do you write your own material? You've been cracking me up lately!)

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle which of your kids will get them ? He felt so bad I couldn't get mad, attic very cold now not sure about spider, think he's just clumsy.

Latest posts