Disaster With Grandmother's China

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gee, @Carol Dee that almost makes me want to break my china!
Nyboy, I hear that if you have an older lesbian wearing purple robes, burning herbs in a smudge pot, at midnight on a full moon--can lift the curse! Karma listens to them, or so I've been told!
I knew, knew, knew that was coming! Am I psychic?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, @Nyboy, I read the title and just had a sinking feeling in my stomach. I am lucky enough that I have nothing from past family members to worry about breaking. I hope my children and my children's children will feel the same about what I leave.
:hugsI feel so sorry for what happened.:hugs However important in historical or familial value, things are things. I see your priorities are in the right place.:love

@Carol Dee, I absolutely LOVE those pieces from broken china. I've seen mosics of broken dishes, but never jewlery. Impressive.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like the birdbath. Like I need another project right now...... whatcha' wanna bet I will brake for break (broken, but couldn't pass that one up) plates and chipped china at garage sales?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
DIL has a collection she's been working on for several years. I don't know what she plans to do once she has enough, but it will be great. She is so artistic.

My BFF wanted to make a mosaic table of broken dish pieces. She tossed them all together and broke them. Oops! She realized she should have broken them one by one since she couldn't reassemble a dish from the whole mess of pieces.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
. . .
(And @digitS , do you write your own material? You've been cracking me up lately!)
Grandfather was Native American on both sides of his family, Grandmother said. He moved his family to the capital of the Choctaw nation altho he was Cherokee. Dad was born there. He learned one Choctaw phrase.

I always have to look up the Latin spelling. "Katimma ish ia?" It just means "where are you going?"

If you capture the spider's attention, or the bad karma spirit's, you'll give them something to think about. Where are they going? With little or no purpose, wavering from pillar to post ... "Where are you going?" There is little doubt that a moment's pause may result in a complete reevaluation of such an existence. If one can call it that.

So, that is my inheritance.

Steve

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh no, what a heartbreak! I would have cried.

I sure do like Carol's mosaic ideas though, and you'd probably see and enjoy the china more than you did when it was in a box in the attic. ;)

I've had that happen before with a box of Christmas ornaments. Sent DH up to get them and he just.tossed.them.right.down... :confused: I broke one of my MIL's Fenton Silvercrest candy dishes back when DH and I were just dating. He said I was the first person she never killed. LOL. I did spend a lot of time on eBay later helping her collect other pieces though. :p I will probably inherit it one day since her boys care nothing for it, then I can spend a lifetime clobbering my girls for breaking pieces until they one day inherit what is left.

Hope you get that spider!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Journey your right if something is made out of it, I will see it a lot more then in attic. Did your husband know Christmas ornments where in box he tossed?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Great news grandmoms china might be gone, but her kitchen table getting facelift. I have a barter deal with a antique refinisher. While table not antique, its from the 40s, he agreed to redo it. Also going to make leaves, that where lost at some point. The table I see and use everyday, I kind of liked all the wear on it. But would be nice to see it looking good again.

Latest posts