Discombobulated

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is the trivia forum but does it seem kind of ridiculous, the minor things that we are dealing with at home with life grinding down people out there in everything from illness, to healthcare to trying to keep the toilet 🚽 paper shelves stocked at the stores?

I've ventured out several times and had little problems to no problems and been a little disappointed in some people's behavior and been encouraged by other's :). I'm coming to terms with a new meaning of "essential."

I found a tiny screw on the floor. Trivial, I guess 😄! I mean, it was so small that if it had been in our low fiber carpeting, I'm not sure that it would ever have been seen. I immediately checked our eyeglasses. Nope. I have no idea where it came from!

Should this sheltering in place be easier for Millennials with their overwhelmed focus on their phones? That, and their strong tendencies to not make eye contact or interact with people that they don't know?

A I , artificial intelligence ... How would you train a computer to interact in social media? Copying and pasting with limited human direction the first several weeks with more and more autonomy? Would the humans on the internet be able to guess this is what is going on or just set that suspicion aside as too unlikely?

And, what about online marketing -- are you becoming very nearly overwhelmed?

What's going on with you as your world both narrows within 4 walls and widens with international news?

Steve

Xerocles

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
This is the trivia forum but does it seem kind of ridiculous, the minor things that we are dealing with at home with life grinding down people out there in everything from illness, to healthcare to trying to keep the toilet 🚽 paper shelves stocked at the stores?

I've ventured out several times and had little problems to no problems and been a little disappointed in some people's behavior and been encouraged by other's :). I'm coming to terms with a new meaning of "essential."

I found a tiny screw on the floor. Trivial, I guess 😄! I mean, it was so small that if it had been in our low fiber carpeting, I'm not sure that it would ever have been seen. I immediately checked our eyeglasses. Nope. I have no idea where it came from!

Should this sheltering in place be easier for Millennials with their overwhelmed focus on their phones? That, and their strong tendencies to not make eye contact or interact with people that they don't know?

A I , artificial intelligence ... How would you train a computer to interact in social media? Copying and pasting with limited human direction the first several weeks with more and more autonomy? Would the humans on the internet be able to guess this is what is going on or just set that suspicion aside as too unlikely?

And, what about online marketing -- are you becoming very nearly overwhelmed?

What's going on with you as your world both narrows within 4 walls and widens with international news?

Steve
Do you mean like gas dropping to less than a dollar fifty cents per gallon, so we can afford to travel. But the government imposing restrictions, say we have to stay home? Discombobulating.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh Boy, @Rhodie Ranch ,

I was working in a gas station nearly all the time I was an undergraduate. (Had a library job in freshman 2nd semester :) but then changed schools.) Yes, I went through those odd/even days, altho' our station would just close when we ran outta gas.

In 1973 - 4, as I recall.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
my world hasn't changed much at all other than more worries about other people and hoping people will stay away from us if they are sick or not known what they might be carrying.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
When was the last time you vacuumed the PC? The story from those who know about this sort of thing is that if you can't say -- it's been too long!

I have to toss my wireless mouse and had to get an old corded one on this thing. I do use this machine even if the tablet is a more frequent choice but it's been about a year. How might I know that, because ever since I vacuumed under Dad's couch, I haven't used my portable vacuum.

You see, if Peanut the Cat spent the night indoors, as he often did - he slept under Dad's bed. What Dad may not have known was that Peanut had torn the fabric under the boxspring and would climb up there to sleep, inside the boxspring mattress! Meanwhile, if Tabby slept inside, which she must have done at times, Tabby had torn the fabric under one of the couches and slept up there!!!!! I changed the vacuum filter after cleaning under the bed but had not done that after cleaning under the couch.

Difficult to get behind this PC because of all the wires and the limits that I can stretch them out. I think that 3 months would be much better than 12 but have you cleaned behind the PC, including its vents, in the last 12 months?

Steve