Discombobulated

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
it is a very sad situation. i'm glad i don't have to spend much time in public spaces.

that cartoon reminds me of the Keep On Truckin' one. :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think that it may be the best way to go ..

. if the directions all seem uncertain.

Keep on Truckin'

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
LINK -- Five weeks had passed since the death of Benjamin Franklin’s son, and rumors were swirling. Four-year-old Francis “Franky” Franklin had died after being inoculated for smallpox, the rumor went, and now his pro-inoculation father was trying to hide it.​
The gossip reached such a point that on Dec. 30, 1736, the grieving father, then 30, confronted it in the pages of his newspaper, the Pennsylvania Gazette.​
“Inasmuch as some People are, by that [rumor] ... deter’d from having that Operation perform’d on their Children,” he wrote, “I do hereby sincerely declare, that he was not inoculated, but receiv’d the Distemper in the common Way of Infection.”​
It must have been hard to admit — Franklin had long advocated inoculation as a “safe and beneficial practice” — that his own son had gone unprotected.​
“I intended to have my Child inoculated,” he explained, “as soon as he should have recovered sufficient Strength from a Flux [diarrhea] with which he had been long afflicted.”​
More than five decades later, in his autobiography published posthumously, he said he had “long regretted bitterly, and still regret” that he had chosen to wait.​

Later, George Washington ordered that his military be vaccinated during the War of Independence (1777).

Franklin's son died in 1736. LINK -- 1796, the British doctor Edward Jenner demonstrated that an infection with the relatively mild cowpox virus conferred immunity against the deadly smallpox virus.

Was it necessary to allow this disease and others like diphtheria, typhoid, polio, to sicken us and exist into the lifetimes of adults living in the 2020's? I was reading that there are more people testing positive to the Delta Variant in the US than anywhere else in the world.

Steve

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Was it necessary to allow this disease and others like diphtheria, typhoid, polio, to sicken us and exist into the lifetimes of adults living in the 2020's? I was reading that there are more people testing positive to the Delta Variant in the US than anywhere else in the world.

there are areas in the world where they have no testing, no medical system to cope with this at all.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
znurses.jpg

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
You probably heard:

24,947 of Houston's Methodist hospital's employees were fully vaccinated by Monday. 178 employees were not (or, not yet) fully vaccinated and were suspended without pay for two weeks.

We can see the level of "resistance" to this, at 178 to 24,947.

Steve
There are nurses here standing outside the hospital with signs and other people saying they will not be forced and quit. One of DD's sister-in-laws told her that their mother had taken the grandmother to the ER (not Idaho, somewhere in Washington) for some reason at night and it was packed and finally the mother asked a nurse if all these people were covid patients and why so full and she said no. The hospital only had 6 patients for covid and the problem with the ER was there was not enough help to get all the people looked at. This vaccine fight, who is right, who is wrong, will be a bigger problem than covid itself or at least until they give in to this, and if they are willing to get a booster, and another one, etc.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The largest health district just inside the WA border of most of the northern Idaho population says that they have 160 COVID-19 patients.

The largest newspaper (since 1894) says: "There are 248 people hospitalized with the virus among the four Spokane County hospitals and Kootenai Health ... at record high." That was yesterday.

Two days ago Kootenai Health had this press release "Hospital Nears Capacity with COVID-19 Surge ... On July 28, Kootenai Health had 29 COVID-19 patients with 11 of those patients requiring critical care. On Aug. 4, those numbers were 43 and 19. On Aug. 11, they were 73 and 29, and on Aug. 18, they were 85 and 36."

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
The largest health district just inside the WA border of most of the northern Idaho population says that they have 160 COVID-19 patients.

The largest newspaper (since 1894) says: "There are 248 people hospitalized with the virus among the four Spokane County hospitals and Kootenai Health ... at record high." That was yesterday.

Two days ago Kootenai Health had this press release "Hospital Nears Capacity with COVID-19 Surge ... On July 28, Kootenai Health had 29 COVID-19 patients with 11 of those patients requiring critical care. On Aug. 4, those numbers were 43 and 19. On Aug. 11, they were 73 and 29, and on Aug. 18, they were 85 and 36."

This girl has no reason to lie to DD. Hospital I was thinking was in Spokane. She said Valley Hospital. I am not exactly sure if she meant in the valley or a hospital named Valley Hospital. I googled and only one with Valley in the name I found is MultiCare Valley Hospital. I am not sure what kind of hospital that is. Maybe the nurse lied. :idunnoI have seen several different states showing nurses protesting and going to quit. My friend's daughter in Kansas has a client that is a nurse and she said the USA was trying to get nurses from other countries to come here. The nurse is from a major city in Kansas and either she or other nurses, not sure had not had a day off in 3 months. I guess I will find out how that hospital is doing later today. That friend of mine was just taken by ambulance to that hospital. Needed help getting out of her house. Porch and steps not safe for her and something is the matter with her leg. Paramedics think they noted AFib. She is 73 years old. Just became a widow a year ago. She has been my best friend for 48 years, since I was 18 years old. I hope the hospital will take care of her. Actually, DD was born in that hospital and it was not a pleasant experience. :(

Latest posts