Discombobulated

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Both US Senator Warren and Senator Booker.

Both say that they are fully vaccinated and that their symptoms are "mild."

Screenshot_2021-12-18-13-13-59_kindlephoto-17125695.png

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not sure if this is covid related, but I heard today the walk in clinic by Coeur d' Alene had almost a 4 hour wait time. The one in Post Falls they said did not have a doctor until 2 so all morning no doctor. They said if you needed medication it was a THREE TO FOUR DAY wait at Walgreens in Post Falls and 1 to 2 day wait at Walgreens I think in Coeur d' Alene. Not sure what they all have. DD's friend's kids have hand, foot and mouth and they said that was going around and RSV. I just read Elizabeth Warren has covid and vacciated and booster. I just typed a report on a woman who also had same vaccinations and is on her second time of having covid. Strange stuff.

yep, it happens, i'm sure it depends a lot upon how much and what kind of exposure you get as to if you get infected. i'd be curious if those people who do get infected had what kind of vaccination and if they had any other immunological complications, but that's just my curiousity about this in general speaking. nobody i know directly has been infected more than once, but hardly anyone i know directly has been tested either including times when they've been sick with obvious Covid symptoms.

the surge in England right now is heading towards Omicron variant dominating detected cases, but as of yet not too many hospitalisations from it. the Delta variant is still driving a lot of hospitalizations with 90% of those being admitted for Covid being the unvaccinated. 10% of their population is not vaccinated and that 10% is causing 90% of the hospitalisations. i'm pretty sure that is similar to what is happening here too in the USoA.

i'm hoping like crazy that this Omicron variant continues to act more like a cold than pneumonia. so far it is looking like it mainly infects the bronchial lining and doesn't get down into the air sacs of the lungs as much. if that remains the case then we've got a chance of finally breaking this disease as the dominant variant will not be as deadly. short term still a big mess. 3 months from now this pandemic might be over. perhaps being too optimistic, but i really can use that this time of the season and winter in front of us.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
hardly anyone i know directly has been tested either including times when they've been sick with obvious Covid symptoms.

Scott Gottlieb, FDA administrator 2017-19, said that he thought as many as 60% of the C-19 illnesses were untested &/or asymptomatic. Others have used a below one half number. Also, there was such a stigma in early 2020 about being infected, many who were, chose to remain quiet about it. Even if there was a death in the family!

Honestly, I think that is what is going on with DW's cousin. He came out of being on a ventilator for a few days in ICU. After about another 2 weeks in the hospital, he went into a nursing home. Where he remains after another 4-6 weeks. I swear, the guy can't be past 60. However! He has had diabetes for several years prior. Family with kids from young adult to about 12. His wife won't say how he became so ill.

If 80% of the deaths are people 65 and older, 20% are younger people. Some folks can cruise through but if we hit 1 million total, that will mean 200,000 were diagnosed and younger. Two hundred thousand

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
most cases of Omicron in South Africa are being detected because of hospital admissions testing for it when people come in even if they're not there for anything potentially Covid related. that same pattern seems to be happening in the UK where most people who are being detected are in the hospital for something else.

when you scan the symptoms list for Omicron it looks and acts like a cold. would you get tested if you thought you just had a cold? i know i probably won't. i don't usually get sick sick in the winter but i go through bouts of slight sinus problems which can sometimes be weather related. if i went in and got tested for every one of those i'd be getting tested every two weeks. i'm really hoping the vaccinations will take care of this potential issue. if i were living alone i'd not even be worried about it but living with Mom does make me a bit more wary (though the transmission vector is likely the reverse case since she is out and about 8 times more than i am).

right now i'm not sure what we're doing for Christmas, but either way i'm ok with it.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
yep, it happens, i'm sure it depends a lot upon how much and what kind of exposure you get as to if you get infected. i'd be curious if those people who do get infected had what kind of vaccination and if they had any other immunological complications, but that's just my curiousity about this in general speaking. nobody i know directly has been infected more than once, but hardly anyone i know directly has been tested either including times when they've been sick with obvious Covid symptoms.

the surge in England right now is heading towards Omicron variant dominating detected cases, but as of yet not too many hospitalisations from it. the Delta variant is still driving a lot of hospitalizations with 90% of those being admitted for Covid being the unvaccinated. 10% of their population is not vaccinated and that 10% is causing 90% of the hospitalisations. i'm pretty sure that is similar to what is happening here too in the USoA.

i'm hoping like crazy that this Omicron variant continues to act more like a cold than pneumonia. so far it is looking like it mainly infects the bronchial lining and doesn't get down into the air sacs of the lungs as much. if that remains the case then we've got a chance of finally breaking this disease as the dominant variant will not be as deadly. short term still a big mess. 3 months from now this pandemic might be over. perhaps being too optimistic, but i really can use that this time of the season and winter in front of us.
I agree and think the same about Omicron going to be more of a cold. The woman I talked about that I typed the report on was tested. She was admitted s in the hospital with Covid in November and after she got over the Covid she was sent to the mental part of another hospital for treatment of a mental disorder. That was a month ago and now she was admitted to the hospital again. The doctor stated there was an outbreak of Covid in the mental part of the hospital. I am not using the same words. I forgot what he called the floor, and then he said she had Covid back in and then he hesitated a long time before saying November. I told DD this story and she said I bet she never got over it the first time, which is possible and that woman may be the reason for the outbreak in the mental hospital, but who knows.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
today's hospitalisation numbers for MI, coming down from the high point, a lot more hospital visits but so far not an increase in ICU or ventilator use, but a slight increase in patients, but not overall hospital numbers so i think this may be ok. the next few weeks will certainly be interesting... *keeping everything crossed*

the bad news is that we're still losing a lot of people every day (past few days it's been 170 people per day) to this disease mostly due to the previous Delta infections - but i do expect some deaths from Omicron too now as the numbers of infections is pretty high and getting worse. as far as i've been able to determine about 90% of deaths are still from non-vaccinated people.

12/204,0539716612,421209,50025,9841.93%2,01252
12/223,8569166262,314223,10026,3761.73%2,51761
12/273,7978615652,371216,10026,6501.76%2,79265
12/293,8628135472,502241,40026,9881.60%3,02178

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have invented a response to those who will say vaxed and unvaxed can both catch omicron:

Yes, and Usain Bolt and I can both walk.

:lol:

Latest posts