Discombobulated

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
"we're going to be opening the borders pretty soon."

Suuure. Closed since March ...

The center of Canadian population is near Toronto. I'm already way north of that!

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
In October, 80 years ago:

"We all want to help one another; human beings are like that. We want to live by each other's happiness, not by each other's misery. We don't want to hate and despise one another... But we have lost the way. Greed has poisoned men's souls..."

"The way of life can be free and beautiful."

Charlie Chaplin

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was just trying to catch up with C-19 news in the region after reading what a Kalispell Montana reporter was saying :oops:.

There's more than 100 hospitalized in my immediate area - highest number so far. Much further afield, I was reading a newspaper account of the North Dakota governor's recent announcement: The ND hospitals are at 100% capacity. The state government will now allow "asymptomatic" healthcare workers to continue on the job after this decision by the governor. This appears to be a first in the country although the governor says that it is being done elsewhere. ND Department of Health said that they aren't aware of any such thing elsewhere (but, hang onto your hat. It's almost sure to happen.)

Imagine working in that environment ... Both the patients and some of your co-workers can share the infection with you. Imagine your life outside of your work hours, at home, with your family.

The Twin Falls Idaho hospital has 75 C-19 patients. They are turning away transfers from Elko Nevada, the administrator in Twin Falls says. The Elko hospital can't move them to Utah as has been recently done. Idaho/Nevada/Utah ...

Looking at the numbers in Montana prompted me to see what the Montana State Department of Health had to say. A nice little picture on their Covid-19 page made the statistics look completely different - very low numbers! What? Oh, there's a link to click below the picture. Wow! Officially the state has nearly 10 times the number of deaths shown in that static picture. Man, that picture of the stats must be months old!

Nearby here - the county health board, which includes ZERO medical doctors, recently fired their medical director. Yeah. He had letters of support from the state medical association, local medical school, 2 nearby universities, etc. He plans to sue but, hey, we don't even know who the interim director is and he has already said that he will only serve until the board finds someone else.

digitS'

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
it's a mess and getting worse here in MI.

we have 6 out of 8 relatives in one family who are sick, but we don't know how bad (they're on the west side of the state) - we hope they'll be ok as they are mostly younger, but dunno for sure, and really though the biggest issue is the large number of elderly relatives over that way who are all vulnerable. i hope nobody screws up but this bugger is tricky.

lockdown is looking likely. i'm ok with that. TG is the only time we have any plans to go anywhere and that will happen only if everyone stays healthy and is continuing to be careful.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Financial Times

Oxford University does the "stringentcy test" but the other stats are from John Hopkins University and the US government. They show that "almost nowhere in the US looks like the US as a whole. Contrasting experiences of the pandemic in the US ..."
LOL! Its a truth. Statistically, the odds of you being average are ZERO!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
DD's recent negative test that put hers in the 89.5% of week #45 results was a relief. Her symptoms are mild but she reports that her boyfriend is having more problems with, what can now be thought of as, more likely to be a cold.

DD has been an office worker and working from home for 8 months. I wonder if falling (or, rising) into the CDC's 89.5% will make her more or less inclined to being tested at some future time.

CDC says "confirmed" 11.3 million cases have happened in the US this year. What's that - 1 American in 30?

digitS'

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Not that this is a proper medical anything, but it was interesting to me.
e690408.jpg

Latest posts