Discombobulated

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just discovered a combination that seems quite discombobulating to me.

Where I grew up in southern Oregon, and not far from where @Rhodie Ranch lives, wineries had not made their appearance during those years. Now, there are quite a few.

One, a maker of champagne, is the nextdoor neighbor to a food bank.

digitS' 🤔

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just discovered a combination that seems quite discombobulating to me.

Where I grew up in southern Oregon, and not far from where @Rhodie Ranch lives, wineries had not made their appearance during those years. Now, there are quite a few.

One, a maker of champagne, is the nextdoor neighbor to a food bank.

digitS' 🤔
Decisions, decisions...

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, Steve. I had no idea that there were so many here.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thank you for these posts :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
My 90 yr old Mother and her 89.75 yr old Boyfriend have been diagnosed with COVID. At their independent living center in the SF Bay Area. They are in the second wave. Mother never liked the rules of staying home. Sheesh.....

arg! i hope they will come through this ok.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I imagine (and I'm very sorry) your mother and friend are in this situation, @Rhodie Ranch :

"The vaccines are going out. As soon as they receive vaccine, this is according to the governors telling us to ship to them, we can have every nursing home patient vaccinated in the United States by Christmas," Azar said. (That is former Secretary of Health and Human Services Azar.)

"Then, on a call with LeadingAge, an elder advocacy group, former Surgeon General Jerome Adams said he believed vaccinations among nursing home residents and workers would be completed by the end of January." LINK

It's not happening and ABC News interviewed people in several states about it. The most serious fail is with "assisted living" residents since that group is in a separate class from the nursing home patients - where the effort is still falling short despite the assurances.

Steve

Latest posts