Discombobulated

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i think the crud is here. a bit congested this morning and Mom has been sneezing. hope it just stays like this and nothing much else. knowing her she will not admit to feeling anything at all. she's funny that ways... :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I hope it's just a touch of an allergy or "the cold" coronavirus, @flowerbug .

Strategize what special care you can do that will be those small, healthy tweaks that may result in big rewards. And, remember to take care of yourself right on through a recovery. Nothing like a repeat when a person's health obviously wasn't prepared for it and they are already somewhat beaten down.

You might also think about snitching on your mother with other relatives so that they may be prepared to be of help, if needed.

Best of Luck
Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I hope it's just a touch of an allergy or "the cold" coronavirus, @flowerbug .

Strategize what special care you can do that will be those small, healthy tweaks that may result in big rewards. And, remember to take care of yourself right on through a recovery. Nothing like a repeat when a person's health obviously wasn't prepared for it and they are already somewhat beaten down.

i don't have to be anywhere. so i can sleep or whatever as much as is needed. so far everything is consistent with mild case of the crud. i rarely get sick and expect this to be done in a few days. hope so. seasonal allergies do happen but don't start up yet.

[edit, no real difference this morning, slight fevers here or there, no aches or headaches, but i was starting to feel some sinus congestion and pressure but that didn't get any worse and is the same this morning, if i really wasn't paying attention i'd not really notice this as anything other than some slight sniffles]

You might also think about snitching on your mother with other relatives so that they may be prepared to be of help, if needed.

Best of Luck
Steve

thanks! no way. long story. short version, not going to happen...

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is from the largest hospital in Idaho. Something that stands out is the bottom line. Yes, the red line at the bottom of the chart "Percent of COVID ICU Patients that are Unvaccinated by Day" ...

In some kind of future, unimaginable for Idaho, if 90% of the population was vaccinated with a 90% effective vaccine -- breakthrough infections being what they may be, we could expect a much higher percent would be "vaccinated." For now, the stats holds at a very high percent being UNvaccinated.

Screenshot_20220113-072232_kindlephoto-346906086.png

meadow

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I went to an estate sale this morning. It was very crowded in a smaller home. Only a few of us had masks. Yet our Valley is being ravaged by cases....rolls eyes....
I can't even imagine going into that sort of setting, regardless of mask status.

We've been talking about seed swaps in another thread and it has made me realize that my social skills are very rusty... and also it makes me uneasy to even think about being around people.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can't even imagine going into that sort of setting, regardless of mask status.

We've been talking about seed swaps in another thread and it has made me realize that my social skills are very rusty... and also it makes me uneasy to even think about being around people.

right now, yes, i don't want to go anyplace in public for about the next two weeks, but i think after that we'll be well on the downslope enough and everyone should have already had it by then. as it is i think pretty much everyone i know has been sick recently.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
DS' test was negative.

He is a government worker so he has a 3 day weekend.

I told him that he is likely to be teased about having extended that with sick leave. Maybe this wave will lessen that tendency with co-workers. One thing, they may distance themselves Monday before any sighs of relief.

Steve

Latest posts