Diy Trash to Treasure redo thread

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
WOW!!!!! THOSE ARE BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm totally impressed with yall's creativity and craftsmanship.

@Beekissed - I LOVE the processing station. I'd have never thought of flipping a bed frame but that makes a PERFECT base. What is a lowes sticker?

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
WOW!!!!! THOSE ARE BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm totally impressed with yall's creativity and craftsmanship.

@Beekissed - I LOVE the processing station. I'd have never thought of flipping a bed frame but that makes a PERFECT base. What is a lowes sticker?

It's a short piece of wood, usually 2-3 in. x 3-4 ft. long, usually heat treated or chemically treated, but sometimes not. They use them when shipping sheets of drywall to Lowe's to provide spaces in between the bundles(maybe why they call them stickers as they stick them in between).

Anyhoo, Lowe's removes these upon getting their drywall and just throws them away...you'll often find them stuffed into trash cans or shopping carts back in the lumber area and, if you go outside, you can find stacks of them. Sometimes the store lets you have them~depending upon who's working~and sometimes they bundle them up and send them elsewhere...where is anybody's guess. Most likely the trash.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I see the spreaders in trash all the time here. People buy them to seed lawn then never use again, when time to clean out garage curb side they go

I agree. This one was brand new looking and was at the Rehab for $5. Ours here we got at GW for $15 and it's the best one I've ever had, won't be letting go of that any time soon. I use it to spread lime on the dog's yard/boundary each spring and fall...resulting in NO fleas here. Such a cheap remedy and prevents the dogs from having to have expensive and possibly harmful chemicals placed on their skin and in their bodies.

Latest posts