Diy Trash to Treasure redo thread

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
CoCo good eye it is American Empire work table Mahogany, found it in antique shop upstate NY. love French Empire just can't afford it. The border around rug is greek key.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
LOVE this thread and all the pics of the redos.....one of my passions in life is finding old, unwanted things and repurposing or refurbishing them to suit my life. Will be converting a few bed frames(metal and wood) to benches and such this summer, so will post pics when I can.

Will be making a playhouse out of pallets soon for the grand girlie...she's very excited about getting to use her hammer(she calls it a boom-boom) and other real tools(they have pink handles!) as she helps Granny make her a new house. Will try that idea where you take an old entertainment center and convert to a play kitchen for this little house.

coco25

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Cut Off, Louisiana Zone 9a, Bayou Country
CoCo good eye it is American Empire work table Mahogany, found it in antique shop upstate NY. love French Empire just can't afford it. The border around rug is greek key.
Haha I noticed the Greek key too.... I'm just observant not nosy hahaha;)
But, yeah the table is a beautiful piece, great find!

coco25

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
LOVE this thread and all the pics of the redos.....one of my passions in life is finding old, unwanted things and repurposing or refurbishing them to suit my life. Will be converting a few bed frames(metal and wood) to benches and such this summer, so will post pics when I can.

Will be making a playhouse out of pallets soon for the grand girlie...she's very excited about getting to use her hammer(she calls it a boom-boom) and other real tools(they have pink handles!) as she helps Granny make her a new house. Will try that idea where you take an old entertainment center and convert to a play kitchen for this little house.

Looking forward to seeing your bed frame benches, that sound really cool. Very creative idea!
I've seen those ent center/play kitchens they can be so cute!!
I just love redoing & reusing things too! Can't wait to see all your ideas

coco25

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
image.jpg image.jpg So here is how the old armoire door turned out.
I tried a light whitewash on it first but there were some old stains in the wood that came through and yellowed it so I tried just white, stains still showed....so black it is!
I still like it & it will look nice once I hang it on the back patio

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
:th I LOVE that!!!!! What a find and what a transformation!!! I'm SO not in your league on such things...everything you do looks so effortless and professionally done. :love

coco25

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Awe, thank you very much, that was so nice! How sweet:):)
I'm sure your projects are wonderful as well, very much love to see everyone's finds & transforms! I LOVE creativity

Painting comes very easily to me, it's been my profession for @ 13 years, so I can change anything with a little paint.

Latest posts