Do I thin out Cilantro?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
They speak Latin in North Carolinian farmers' markets :th?

I've grown both culantro and Vietnamese cilantro besides the "regular" type. ("Vietnamese cilantro" is a real misnomer. I mean, Coriandrum sativum is commonly grown in Vietnam. This other one, Polygonum odoratum, should be called something else . . . . that there Latin can be fun :D!)

Neither of these 2 alternative herbs look like dill and they are enuf different from cilantro that they are 2nd choices for me.

Cilantro begins to develop that feathery foliage as it matures, you know. Could that be the look of this summer cilantro?

North or South, it would sure be nice to have cilantro stand in the garden a little longer without bolting.

Steve

GrowinVeggiesInSC

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
digitS' said:
They speak Latin in North Carolinian farmers' markets :th?

Steve
I know, I asked before realizing that I may have sounded too snobby for a farmer's market :lol: ;) but was pleasantly surprised that she could spit it right out at me! Wow! Didn't help me much since I forgot the name though...
Many vendors up there are knowledgeable about the stuff they're selling. It's a pretty great farmer's market, definitely trumps our little one we have here in Charleston.

I thought the same thing when I saw that feathery foiliage, but my cilantro doesn't taste that good when it bolts... at least I don't think so. I may have to venture out and try some tomorrow just to be sure!

I will keep you posted on the "summer" cilantro! ;)

GrowinVeggiesInSC

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Sweet! That's the one! Delfino! Thanks, Hattie! :weee

I was also reading about planting it in the ground and just letting it reseed itself. I think I will sow the current seads in a flower bed and see what happens. :hu

If anyone wants to get some (slow-to-bolt!) Delfino Cilantro, here's a link that I found.

Mackay

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thought someone here might be interested in this recipe:

Cilantro Pesto Said to Remove Heavy Metals

Author Unknown.

Heavy metal poisoning is rampant. It is a major cause of hormonal imbalances, cancer, thyroid problems, neurological disturbances, learning problems, depression, food allergies, parasites, etc etc. This is a great recipe that is not only easy to make but also really yummy, and it tells you how to remove heavy metals from the body!

Cilantro is truly a healing food. One friend suffering from high blood pressure due to mercury poisoning had her blood pressure return t normal after eating two teaspoons of this pesto daily for only a week. So whether you need to detoxify heavy metals from your body or just wish to use it as a preventative measure, 2 teaspoons a day is all you need to take.
This pesto has now become a regular in my diet. Enjoy!

Cilantro Chelation Pesto

4 cloves garlic
1/3 cup Brazil Nuts (selenium)
1/3 cup sunflower seeds (cysteine)
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds (zinc, magnesium)
2 cups fresh packed cilantro ( coriander, Chinese parsley) (Vitamin A)
2/3 cup flaxseed oil
4 tablespoons lemon juice (vitamin C)
2 tsp. dulse powder
Sea Salt to taste

Process the cilantro and flaxseed oil in a blender until the coriander is chopped. Add the garlic, nuts and seeds, dulse and lemon juice and mix until the mixture is finely blended into a paste. Add a pinch of sea salt to taste and blend again. Store in dark glass jars if possible. It freezes well, so purchase cilantro in season and fill enough jars to last through the year.

Cilantro has been proven to chelate toxic metals from our body in a relatively short period of time. Combined with the benefits of the other ingredients, this recipe is a powerful tissue cleanser.

Two teaspoons of this pesto daily for three weeks is purportedly enough to increase the urinary excretion of mercury, lead and aluminum, thus effectively removing these toxic metals from our bodies. We can consider doing this cleanse for three weeks at least once a year. The pesto is delicious on toast, baked potatoes, pasta.

Since this recipe is designed to chelate out metals I suggest that you take chlorella, one 500mg cap of broken cell wall chlorella each day that you eat the pesto. Chlorella will bind onto heavy metals when they enter the gut. The cilantro will get the metals to move out of the body and into the blood stream then the liver as it purifies the blood will dump them into the large intestine. The chlorella will take it from there so they are not reabsorbed.

Augustmomx2

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Mackay said:
Thought someone here might be interested in this recipe:

Cilantro Pesto Said to Remove Heavy Metals

Author Unknown.

Heavy metal poisoning is rampant. It is a major cause of hormonal imbalances, cancer, thyroid problems, neurological disturbances, learning problems, depression, food allergies, parasites, etc etc. This is a great recipe that is not only easy to make but also really yummy, and it tells you how to remove heavy metals from the body!

Cilantro is truly a healing food. One friend suffering from high blood pressure due to mercury poisoning had her blood pressure return t normal after eating two teaspoons of this pesto daily for only a week. So whether you need to detoxify heavy metals from your body or just wish to use it as a preventative measure, 2 teaspoons a day is all you need to take.
This pesto has now become a regular in my diet. Enjoy!

Cilantro Chelation Pesto

4 cloves garlic
1/3 cup Brazil Nuts (selenium)
1/3 cup sunflower seeds (cysteine)
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds (zinc, magnesium)
2 cups fresh packed cilantro ( coriander, Chinese parsley) (Vitamin A)
2/3 cup flaxseed oil
4 tablespoons lemon juice (vitamin C)
2 tsp. dulse powder
Sea Salt to taste

Process the cilantro and flaxseed oil in a blender until the coriander is chopped. Add the garlic, nuts and seeds, dulse and lemon juice and mix until the mixture is finely blended into a paste. Add a pinch of sea salt to taste and blend again. Store in dark glass jars if possible. It freezes well, so purchase cilantro in season and fill enough jars to last through the year.

Cilantro has been proven to chelate toxic metals from our body in a relatively short period of time. Combined with the benefits of the other ingredients, this recipe is a powerful tissue cleanser.

Two teaspoons of this pesto daily for three weeks is purportedly enough to increase the urinary excretion of mercury, lead and aluminum, thus effectively removing these toxic metals from our bodies. We can consider doing this cleanse for three weeks at least once a year. The pesto is delicious on toast, baked potatoes, pasta.

Since this recipe is designed to chelate out metals I suggest that you take chlorella, one 500mg cap of broken cell wall chlorella each day that you eat the pesto. Chlorella will bind onto heavy metals when they enter the gut. The cilantro will get the metals to move out of the body and into the blood stream then the liver as it purifies the blood will dump them into the large intestine. The chlorella will take it from there so they are not reabsorbed.

Latest posts