Dog Path

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
rebbetzin
The yard is awfully small. No room for any structures. You look like you have more area to play in :mow YEAH. We do have the invisible fencing, in need of repairs, then be sure he has his collar on when we put him out. The only one the hotwire would keep out would be me. :barnie

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think we solved the problem!
8098_008.jpg
[/img]
Can you see it? We bought 8 foot sections of 36 inch tall fencing, Tan powder coat, cattail design. Got them at Menards on sale for $7.99 a section. Light and airy enough not to obscure the flowers. Up a week now and Willianm has not been in the flowers. :thumbsup
The downside is I can not reach the back of the bed to weed or even step over it. Need to unhook sections and stand in beds to weed. Oh well it is a fair trade.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Excellent! Very attractive solution! I did something similar around a large tree and garden, in my "dog yard". My golden retriever was sure if she dug enough holes at the base of the tree, she would be able to catch the squirrel...I began to fear for the health of the tree- and forget the garden! I used a wire fencing similar to what you used (not as cute, though). It has worked perfectly. I have a little dog that can fit inside the fence, but he rarely chooses to go in there- and he really can't hurt much. Hope it continues to work for you!

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh look at those eyes he is beautiful... course I am a sucker for babies, dogs, cats, bunnies, chickens, horses, goats, sheep, donkeys...

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh yeah, my heart would melt looking into those eyes! He is so beautiful. My dogs have also created a path around my potting shed and they managed to trample some of my garlic I have growing. Oh well, I love them so I make allowances. :rolleyes:

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Oh! William is a handsome guy! And...you found a great solution. That little bit of fencing is so pretty and non obtrussive! :D

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Stubbornhillfarm said:
Oh! William is a handsome guy! And...you found a great solution. That little bit of fencing is so pretty and non obtrussive! :D
That really was a good photo of William. He is usually dirty and full of weeds seeds and burs!
I really like the fencing. DH found it for me :) I had stopped looking.... ;) I think it is perfect and is doing a great job. Even kept son's dog out when they visited !:celebrate