Done planting!!! How is your garden growing???

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I started in Feb planting container potatoes in feed sacks. I have 15 sacks of several types of potatoes all 14+ high, My strawberries were transplanted this spring and are blooming!! I planted 8 big bertha tomatoes, and 4 roma tomatoes, 10 Broccoli, 3 Zucchini, 2 summer squash ( I will be planting more in 2 months) egg plant beets, carrots are up and onions are up! cantaloupe, watermelon and butternut squash!!!! My asperagus is about 3 inches up and I am SOOO excited!!! most of the work done by my kids as I was just out of the hospital but it is all a blessing!!!

Good Harvest to all!!!!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your weather is a lot warmer than mine! Today was the first day I've been able to get out into the garden. I have one raised bed ready for planting today and hope to get another one ready as well. We're expecting two days of heavy rain starting late tonight, so anything I get done should get a great start.

There are times - like this - when I wish I were further south. Then spring arrives in earnest and I love it right here.

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I planted okra and beans yesterday, rained last night so they should get a good start, except we have chilled off again today.
I still have leaks and onions in from last year, and transplanted my strawberries about a month ago. The strawberries have a few blooms.
Now whats in my greenhouse is another story!!! I picked my first strawberries yesterday and then again this morning.
There are about 200 green onions in there and they are going gangbusters.
If things warm up a bunch I'll be planting my tomato and pepper starts in 2 or 3 weeks.

THANX RICH

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
dickiebird said:
I still have leaks and onions in from last year
Any one ever replant leek bulbs? I let four go to seed last year. Then I removed them from the garden and found they all had bulbs like bunching onions so I overwintered them. Once they sprouted, I planted them in a pot until I can get them in the ground. I don't know whether I should expect leeks or more seed heads from them.

desertlady

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Ive planted seeds outside. Some are sprouting I had planted some that I grew from indoors are not doing well because of winds:(

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Smart
Some of the leeks I have outside were transplanted this spring. When I dug them they were clustered and now seem to be coming back strong. I don't think they had went to seed last year. The only reason I transplanted them is they were in the area I used for my enlarged strawberry patch

THANX RICH

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I still haven't put any tender veggies out yet. It may frost again this weekend, and I think I'll just wait. Altho my tomato plants are getting pretty tall. Gonna have to plant them deep. Spinach, broccoli and cabbage are doing fine. Weather very changeable.

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Smart Red said:
Your weather is a lot warmer than mine! Today was the first day I've been able to get out into the garden. I have one raised bed ready for planting today and hope to get another one ready as well. We're expecting two days of heavy rain starting late tonight, so anything I get done should get a great start.

There are times - like this - when I wish I were further south. Then spring arrives in earnest and I love it right here.
I understand~~ I moved to NC from Fl and love the 4 seasons!!

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
dickiebird said:
Smart
Some of the leeks I have outside were transplanted this spring. When I dug them they were clustered and now seem to be coming back strong. I don't think they had went to seed last year. The only reason I transplanted them is they were in the area I used for my enlarged strawberry patch

THANX RICH
I have carrots and onions in still from last year i plan to harvest them in a few weeks!!

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
so lucky said:
I still haven't put any tender veggies out yet. It may frost again this weekend, and I think I'll just wait. Altho my tomato plants are getting pretty tall. Gonna have to plant them deep. Spinach, broccoli and cabbage are doing fine. Weather very changeable.
Great than your almost ready to plant!!! your plants are probably as big as mine!!!

Latest posts