Drain Cleaning

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i was thinking a more flexible and smaller snake to go in there...

sorry about the drain piece breaking. that's what i would likely
have happen...

if you can't get it out you may be able to cut it out with a Dremel tool
and a cutting wheel or such. but of course carefully...

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hello hair in drains my life story. Get a drain cleaner with hair clogs on front label. Pour whole bottle down drain let sit 2 to 3 hours. On stove boil big pot of water, carefull pour boiling water down drain, should do the trick

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ridge if I remember correctly, I put my channel lock handles in there and used another pair of channel locks to turn it, it was pretty snug but came out in one piece.
Used a pair of Channel lock to put equal pressure at parts don’t break, then Unscrewed.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's not worth a plumber, $85 just to show up. As I said it's not so bad I can't live with it. I was hoping to tap into some of the expertise on here and I have. At least I now know how to go about it.

A lot of the cost of a plumber is for the knowledge. A lot of that stuff is not that hard to do if you know how to approach it. At least I now know how to approach it. I appreciate the people that helped. I did not know that it unscrewed and now I know that channel locks is the best tool.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I spent 15 yrs as a Navy wife, and got much experience on things I didn't know even existed.

dorothydun

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Do you have any tips how to clean the trees from worms?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is an old thread, but I’m glad to see it. My son has that same worthless drain in the tub at his house. He took the stopper out and it helped, but still drains slow.

The drain piece in the tub in my house is rusted and I was wondering how to get it out, I’ll have to try the channel locks.

Latest posts