Drain Cleaning

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This is an old thread, but I’m glad to see it. My son has that same worthless drain in the tub at his house. He took the stopper out and it helped, but still drains slow.

The drain piece in the tub in my house is rusted and I was wondering how to get it out, I’ll have to try the channel locks.
Bar keepers friend is a common product that contains oxyalic acid. OA is lovely at reducing and removing rust. Also a common spray solvent found at hardware and auto parts stores called PB Blaster might help. It is a penetrating solvent that gets left on and will work its way between the threads.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bar keepers friend is a common product that contains oxyalic acid. OA is lovely at reducing and removing rust. Also a common spray solvent found at hardware and auto parts stores called PB Blaster might help. It is a penetrating solvent that gets left on and will work its way between the threads.
THANKS!!! I think I have a can of PB Blaster, but durned if I know where, at sons house in a shipping container. Be easier to go buy another one. :lol: Putting it on my list! I didn’t even think of that. Not surprising, my brains are scrambled these days.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I get it! My favorite whine is "Honey, I have never done this before!" PB has played a part in a lot of those scenarios. Recently I even bought some pure oxaylic acid without the abrasive felspar that is in the barkeepers friend. It is hard to burn metal but I bet I overdo it one day and catch a fire or create another need for a sudden amazon purchase.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Looked up pyroclastic flow. Since I can literally see Mt St Helens and Mt Hood from town, its good to know.
I ate dinner in Costa Rica one evening watching lava flow from 2 vents on the top and side of a volcano some miles away and was so glad to leave asap. Turns out I can stand earthquakes and tornados more than an active volcano. Some people are built funny I guess.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I ate dinner in Costa Rica one evening watching lava flow from 2 vents on the top and side of a volcano some miles away and was so glad to leave asap. Turns out I can stand earthquakes and tornados more than an active volcano. Some people are built funny I guess.
Maybe it’s that primal fear of becoming your own little Pompeii……. Body casting, ya know.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The entire north face of Mt St Helens blew off.

So, @Rhodie Ranch , you know which side has its turn next time.

There were 57 who died on the mountain in the initial eruption. But, it was a terrible experience to be living so close (less than 250 miles as the crow flew) to the NE of the mountain that day and for several months following the eruption in May, 1980. Here is the mountain 2 years later after more than 1,000 feet of the top and all the material in the crater that formed - had been blown out of it.

640px-MSH82_st_helens_plume_from_harrys_ridge_05-19-82.jpg

Latest posts