Dreams and their Meaning

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
A follow up to that dream, my apologies if this is not as light-hearted as I wish it was.

Given the great emotional intensity of that late January dream, I spent a lot of time back then searching for a possible meaning, and felt comforted when I couldn't find one. I realized a couple days ago that the dream was indeed prophetic... it occurred just when DW began showing the first symptoms, which were not yet being properly diagnosed. It was a warning. The woman in distress was my DW, and the shared grief I experienced in that dream felt like my own, because it was. :( I firmly believe that sometimes dreams do have meaning, that they can be important messages which are unfortunately obscured by symbolism.
:hugs My sisterly hug coming your way

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My dream was an old school class mate who is happily married in this life.

In my dream my friend wasn't married and living in a bedsit, he was desperately trying to build a business and wanted me to link up with him, of course being a man you can trust I was eager too go into partnership with him. There is one problem 😕 I really cannot remember what sort of business it was he was starting 🤔

Oh well, at least I was in business while I slept 🤓

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was using a piece of paper instead of a touchscreen.

When I touched the paper, the buttons to click appeared at the end of each typewritten sentence.

I picked up the paper and looked on the underside. It seemed to be just a regular sheet of paper. I woke up and fell back to sleep only to be confronted again with the same piece of paper.

Steve

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
No dreams that I can recall lately 🤔 I wonder what that means

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Strange dream this morning ...

In reality, I had only one office job in my life. I had completed 3 years of college and didn't feel that I could continue without the income from full time employment. I went to work for the department of youth rehabilitation.

Social Science major, there I was putting it to use. The others in the office ...?

Back to that dream: I had evidently stayed with that job. I was no longer college age. In fact, I was at a conference and was supposed to introduce some well-known therapist/academic (?). We were in a waiting room, having just met, I was learning something about him. Strange fellow -- I was beginning to wonder if he wasn't the person in his counselling sessions with as much need of the therapy as the person in the other chair. I'm trying to think of how that might make him some kind of expert.

He suggested that we go off to the cafeteria for something to drink. My first thought was, "he had better not mean alcoholic!"

We arrived at the table. Someone I knew came over and wanted to meet this fellow. I thought, Thank Heavens, I can get away from interacting with him for a time! I woke up.

Steve 🤪

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
is librarian considered an office job? in terms of numbers i've had a mix between outside and office jobs, but how would you count a once-in-a-while dish washing job? computer operations? i guess that would be an office job but i was there 2nd shift so nobody else was around most of the time. it was actually pretty annoying to me though that when i first got in i was supposed to answer the phone until everyone was done with getting their orders or numbers put into the system so i was waiting around until could start my actual job of running the reports and printing them out. after most of a year at that job i decided to move on because how poorly organised they were. the clincher for that was when i did a 13hr day (their year end processing and printing) got it done, went home and went to sleep and then got woken up shortly after by a phone call saying that i had to come back in and do it again because they screwed up something when they were entering their data. um... so yes, two 13hr days with about 2hrs of sleep in between. good-bye! i was still also working the part-time library job too during those months so i was quite glad to go back to just doing that.

to get back to the topic, once in a while i still do dream of the various office jobs i've had and i do not dream at all about the other jobs, probably because they were less mentally demanding with fewer people causing me problems. when you're driving truck and delivering things or cleaning up jobs or taking care of the warehouse (or answering the phone! ghods, i hated answering the phone no matter where i was) or cleaning the offices (with three bosses around it was ok for me on the slow days to get everything done in the warehouse and then want to do something else because i hated just sitting around). i'd also mow the lawn and weed the edges and stuff around the offices. i liked that...

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I honestly cannot remember much about this dream I had a few months ago but what sticks in my mind was the age.
Over the past several years I have met a lot of people from my old school neighbours etc.

At the time of this dream during the day I was just chatting with an old class mate stroke neighbour.
He had a younger brother, i will call David, whom I haven't seen in many years but for some reason I dreamt of this guy 😐

In this dream he and another girl from my school were just talking on the road where his brother whom i know today now lives.

The confusing part to me is, his brother (David) and this girl who should be in their 60's plus today, were only in their twenties o_O and so was I.

So I would like to ask this question... How about you guys? Do you dream in the age you are today or are you somehow younger or older 🤔

Observing the age thing really threw me as I hadn't thought if that before

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
all sorts of ages. i don't really seem to dream that often of childhood events. i'm more likely to dream of the university days (i spent a long time there - including living at times in a very large older building all by myself).

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do you dream in the age you are today or are you somehow younger or older 🤔
I'm not sure if I ever dream of an older digitS'. I'm constantly conscious of how I am moving around in real life. If I wasn't, I'd stumble ... If I was to maintain that during a dream, I imagine that I would just wake up. So, I suspect that it's always a younger me in my ambulatory dreams.

living at times in a very large older building all by myself
Does that generate dream-state anxiety?

zurkle.gif
Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Does that generate dream-state anxiety?

not usually. more often than not the dream is that i'm taking some kind of test and of course as the test goes on i don't remember the answers and then i go back to previous questions and they're not even there and then i get frustrated and upset and that is normally enough to wake me up.

Latest posts