DUCKS for THEE in 2023

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I need to pick up all of the saplings and weeds I cut/pulled yesterday along the street fencing, so I will check back tomorrow, OR, in a few days. I am down to 1 benedryl/day :weee, evening, so, as long as I can hobble outside, SOME chores will get done.
I pulled some of the garlic to transplant, but the roots were too puny to transplant in the garden, so they are sitting in water, waiting for me to pot them up, instead.
Same with the surprise pumpkin.
Going downstairs now to eat leftovers from yesterday, ribeye steak and cheesy potatoes. :drool
Pyg is still "waiting on God," but still has an appetite. So does Eva. I am never lonely when I eat.
I am sending well wishes for ALL of you for your Late May/Early June gardening projects.
This is perhaps the busiest time of the year for us.
:love:love:love

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is perhaps the busiest time of the year for us.
:love:love:love

yes, same here, the mad scramble to get everything planted in as soon as possible. the weather has been cooperating in terms of not raining on us, but now it is getting so hot that i pretty much am done by noon. 8-12 in the garden and any odd projects later if i can get to them, plus watering.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Not edible but I like this plant. Some of the flowers are dying off and mire are replacing them

20230601_163149.jpg

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You need to start being positive!! :hugs
You Have had successes!
I re watched a gardening program (interview) with a woman who grows 12 months/year in Nova Scotia, a Much harsher climate that yours or mine is.
She has a blog and answers questions. One viewer wrote in to complan that their tomatoes and peppers didn't do well.
She asked, "what DID grow well for you this year?"
The response was a laundry list.
I think we believe the press on seed packages and online videos that this is easy.
Some is, a lot ISN'T.
I grew 100 beefsteak tomatoes from seed this year. I still have to plant some of them. I killed a dozen of them.
I had a pot of 4 next to the south facing window ledge on the porch. It got sun and a breeze. All 4 tomatoes died.
I potted up 4 more, put them in the same spot and they are flourishing.
Not ALL seeds in a package are as strong as others.
Keep trying, learn from mistakes and figure out what works for YOU.
I can't keep any houseplants. HERE is the window planter where the geraniums and onions survived the cats this winter.
I put a plastic (biodegradable) garbage bag to line it, put in potting soil, and caged it. Otherwise all would be toast.
Soon they will go outside.
Your words need to be used to bless, and that means to bless yourself, as well as others.View attachment 57687
Nicki Jabour?

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score

Latest posts