DUCKS for THEE in 2023

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
i think it is a delphinium of some kind.
I don't know, but I plan to clean up/rake up the noxious dead weeds there sometime in the next week and plant more wildflowers there.
I haven't been able to fix the soil line there ever since my plumber ran the new lines, so, what not flowers?!?

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I cleared space in my :hit7 cu ft freezer on the porch for some cherry picking tomorrow. IF I had close friends in this town I would have had them over to help themselves, but my best town friends moved 30 minutes north of here about 8 years ago.
Don't feel bad for me. I moved here for the 5 acre affordable horse property, NOT for the night life.
The other tree is, again, loaded with fruit. It's tart cherry tree friend looks like it's on it's last legs.
I will post pictures soon, but I am thinking I will have to chop it down this year.
MAYBE the roots of the trees to the E and W are competing with it-??-dunno, but it didn't even flower this Spring.
I guess I don't need it to make cherries. All I should do is give the other one a really good winter pruning.
I don't have the time to can more, I already have so many frozen/canned cherries, and I will be bugging eldest DD to help me start some wine asap.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I cleared space in my :hit7 cu ft freezer on the porch for some cherry picking tomorrow. IF I had close friends in this town I would have had them over to help themselves, but my best town friends moved 30 minutes north of here about 8 years ago.
Don't feel bad for me. I moved here for the 5 acre affordable horse property, NOT for the night life.
The other tree is, again, loaded with fruit. It's tart cherry tree friend looks like it's on it's last legs.
I will post pictures soon, but I am thinking I will have to chop it down this year.
MAYBE the roots of the trees to the E and W are competing with it-??-dunno, but it didn't even flower this Spring.
I guess I don't need it to make cherries. All I should do is give the other one a really good winter pruning.
I don't have the time to can more, I already have so many frozen/canned cherries, and I will be bugging eldest DD to help me start some wine asap.

oh wow! enjoy the bounty and let the birdies have the rest. or put an ad on your local craigslist or other site and see if someone will come pick. it's too far of a drive for me but i sure wish it were closer. at almost $30 for 4lbs of dried tart cherries it would be a real windfall to get some fruits right now, especially with the strawberry harvest being almost nothing.

Latest posts