DUCKS for THEE in 2023

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am very sorry about Pyg. She had a great life and lots of family love. It was so kind of your daughter to take care of her for you after she died. You are blessed with awesome family.
Your tomato harvest is amazing. So many beautiful tomatoes!

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I am very sorry about Pyg. She had a great life and lots of family love. It was so kind of your daughter to take care of her for you after she died. You are blessed with awesome family.
Your tomato harvest is amazing. So many beautiful tomatoes!
Sometimes people forgot that blessing others includes your family.
My mother competed with me and never understood this.
You NEVER ridicule family in front of strangers, and you don't make fun of family for the sake of humor.
If they are injured by your words, don't do that.
Words are VERY POWERFUL THINGS!
We brought our DD's up to always say please and thank you, and we even extend this to our pets.
I also clean house for DD's when they leave me to feed their cats, so it's a 2-way street.

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I posted this, BUT I had to spray a new colony of paper wasps that decided to build right next to my house's 2 south facing outlets. I was pulling weeds Saturday and got stung. Fortunately I am NOT allergic to the sting. I used an aloe based gel and the swelling/pain on the left forearm was relieved.
Still, I had to spray and kill them. Bad decision to be next to where I garden. They DID 1st strike, after all.
The spray suggested use on mud dauber wasps, but I never kill them. I wait until the winter to remove their dirt hives.
At this point, I don't welcome any kind of stinging insect into my yard. I'm even eliminating my front perennial garden next year, and I got rid of my backyard perennial garden this year. I'm going to reseed with grass in the back and bring in some shrubbery to the front. I don't even want bees, nada.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
Weather for my party!!

Sat 07​

Partly Cloudy
59°/38°
5%
NW 15 mph

Sat 07 | Day​

59°

5%
NW15 mph
Partly cloudy. High 59F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph.
  • Humidity57%
  • UV Index5 of 11
  • Sunrise6:54 am
  • Sunset6:25 pm

Sat 07 | Night​

38°

4%
NW8 mph
Clear skies. Low 38F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
  • Humidity71%
  • UV Index0 of 11
  • Moonrise--
    Waning Crescent
  • Moonset3:28 pm

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score

Frost Dates: First and last frost dates for MY TOWN, Illinois​

How to read these charts for the fall
As your growing season comes to an end, the nightly temperatures for my town, Illinois start to go down, and therefore every day that goes by increases the chance that you'll get frost. Your risk of frost really begins around September 26, and by October 22 you're almost certain to have received at least one frost event.
The charts on this page show the probabilities of receiving a certain temperature on a certain day. Some examples that might help:

1. You have a small 20% chance of getting 32° by October 2.
  2. There is a 50% chance of being hit by a 32° frost starting around October 12
  3. You have a 80% chance of seeing 32° by October 22
  4. Said another way, you have a 1 in 5 chance at making it to that day without a 32° night.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sponsored by Victory Seed Company
Victory Seed Company
The Victory Seed Company is family owned and operated, working to help fellow gardeners succeed by selling popular vegetable, herb and flower seeds. Since the 1990s they have been heavily involved with the preservation of rare, open-pollinated, heirloom seeds. Visit them at www.VictorySeeds.com.

Latest posts