Ducks

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
OldGuy43 said:
I posted this on BYC, but for those who missed it:

A few weeks ago I was watching the ducks frolicking in their pond when I noticed one chicken standing about 12' away studying them intently. She'd watch and cock her head, just really looking at what they were doing. After about 10 minutes of this she walked over closer to the pool and watched from close up. Than to my amazement she stuck her whole head into the water, much as the ducks had been doing.

Of course, she immediately pulled it back out sputtering, spitting and coughing, and went running back to the rest of the flock clucking loudly. I'm guessing she was telling the other hens what idiots the ducks are.

Strange but true. :lol:
:yuckyuck

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your ducks are too cute! I can see the newspaper headlines now...............Lady hand feeds ducks-Loses all her fingers! :lol:

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Ha ha, hubby fed them from his hand for the first time last night and he was surprised by how strong their bills are. I don't think they could actually take off a finger, but they can pinch really hard. It's much worse when I sit on the front porch step, they try to eat my clothes and my hair if it's down. I never thought I'd have to tell a duck to stop pulling my hair. :lol:

Latest posts