Ducks4you for 2022

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i didn't think that goldfish would eat mosquito larvae but now i've looked into it further and discovered it was something they would do. :) thanks for teaching me something new today! haha!

as for that many fish in a ten gallon tank, in fresh water it may be ok to do that with such small fish. i would not do that in a salt water tank. the perfect fish for starting off a salt water tank for fish are black mollies, they survive both fresh and salt water (adjust them to salt water gradually if you get them from a source that kept them in fresh water).

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Thanks! DD is pressing me to buy a 2nd tank and subdivide them. IF so, the new tank would go into the basement, where I originally was going to house them.
PetSmart has told me that many local horse owners buy comets from them for this purpose.
Man, if goldfish can survive 3 squirrels rotting in their tank, they can survive a lot!

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
More broth from this week.
I never did transplant my 2 grapes and I am thinking of bringing them in to overwinter them, aGAIN. :(

Attachments

• Canned,  11-13 & 11-14-22.jpg
    Canned, 11-13 & 11-14-22.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 40

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule has been going to physical therapy. To get ahead of the probable shortages I bought/am buying bedding etc.
Yesterday I unloaded and stacked:
twenty (30 pounds) fine pine shavings
twenty (40 pounds) pine pellet bedding
fifteen (50 pounds) Sweet Feed
Today I am unloading and stacking:
twenty-four (30 pounds) fine pine shavings
forty two (40 pounds) pine pellet bedding
three (50 pounds) Sweet Feed
Today I am buying:
twenty-four (40 pounds) fine pine shavings
twenty-four (30 pounds) pine pellet bedding

Unloading and stacking was yesterdays AND today's AND tomorrows physical therapy for me
YOU do the math!
pictures to follow and YES, I will crow!!

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
Reading @Phaedra Geiermann 's post about orange juice and THINKING of the Mimosa's we will drink Thursday, I was pondering over champagne.
We live Near "Champaign", sounds the same, but means, "flat plain."
There are at least two Champaign's, one in Illinois and one in Ohio. BOTH are located in a county of the same name,
Champagn County, and BOTH have a city of Urbana.
The guy that bought 9 acres just north of town, and runs an experimental crops farm moved HERE from Champaign County, Ohio.
Small world...

Latest posts