Ducks4you for 2022

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I talk about using cardboard. This is a good article, bc heavens KNOWS you will have a lot of it later this month, and it's a shame to feed the landfills.
I have asked clerks at box stores for the cardboard that they are stacking up, too.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I talk about using cardboard. This is a good article, bc heavens KNOWS you will have a lot of it later this month, and it's a shame to feed the landfills.
I have asked clerks at box stores for the cardboard that they are stacking up, too.
I always keep good cardboard (without shiny layers or colorful printing) and use them between raised beds or where I want to prevent weeds from growing. They will decompose in a couple of months, so collecting some from time to time helps.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is nothing that your cat won't possess.
Lynx, 12-03-22.jpg

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I like the idea of adding cardboard to my garden, but not plastics. Plastics take like a million years to decompose.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
At an estate sale last Saturday, I bought two each, 8 lb jugs of miracle gro granules. Unopened. $1 each. I;ve been accumulating fertilizer for almost a year now.
Yes, I know its more about the big farms, but my soil needs help too....

Latest posts