Earthquake front or rear tine tiller?

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I would suggest that a tremendous amount of gardening tools and equipment, including tillers, is and will be even more so available shortly. This covid boom aftermath is my angle. I paid 400 for my tiller off craigslist back in the day and the paint was fresh on the tines. Tillers have a lot in common with porsches I suspect. And as the stay at home boom wanes the equipment will be sold off.
I've been wondering the same thing. All those things people bought last year might be ripe for the pickings. I saw one of the rear tine Earthquakes for sale last summer for about $400 and wish I would have inquired about it more :/

i don't know what that means and my search didn't bring up anything that looked like what i thought a tractor that could do tilling from them would be like. :( perhaps they don't have what i thought they might.

i just do things with a shovel here. :)

Huh, I thought they did make subcompacts. I guess not. Well then, I have no clue what to do. I planned on keeping the rider I have since I do use it a lot and I don't mind having specific equipment for different purposes. I'd rather have just my tiller broken than my tiller/mower/bucket-loader/cart-hauler/...

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
oh, please don't take my word for anything to do with power equipment or shopping or dealerships. the last thing i ever want to do is deal with any of that and i try to avoid it as much as possible.

in the past here we have blown up various power equipment because Mom doesn't follow directions or the machine was too small and could not deal with the heavy clay. we only own now a small push lawn mower and a 2 cycle weed wacker that i've not used in 10 years or more. the mower gets used but i'd be happy to get rid of it.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
We bought a Kabota BX 30something in 09. Zero percent interest. We used it all over the 7.5 hill acres we had. It was a workhorse for us until we had to sell the place.

We bought a cub cadet riding mower in 2017 and it was great. SO sold it three years later for $200 less than we bought it for.

Not that anything I just said was helpful to the discussion, but I just had to chime in.

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We bought a Kabota BX 30something in 09. Zero percent interest. We used it all over the 7.5 hill acres we had. It was a workhorse for us until we had to sell the place.

We bought a cub cadet riding mower in 2017 and it was great. SO sold it three years later for $200 less than we bought it for.

Not that anything I just said was helpful to the discussion, but I just had to chime in.
resale value, your choice of brands and happiness of your choices adds to the discussion. I've thought about selling our Husqvarna mower to help with the purchase of a zero turn, but I know that rider is useful and will be able to do things the zero turn can't as well as I can trust my kids using it more so than something that's double the price and speed, so I will keep it.

I would love a 0% interest deal on a Toro. Buuutttttt..... I also need a shed to park the damn thing in 🤣🤣🤣 so I guess that really is the more important purchase/build

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nothing pains me more than to see a good piece of machinery sitting out in weather-rain, sleet, snow, sun, etc. before investing in machinery, make a spot to store it.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Check out a Kabota tractors... they make some pretty small tractors with all types of changeable equipment for specialty small farmers and large flower producers. Since price is an issue, when I whent to the Tulary , Cal . International farm equipment Fair about 10 years ago, and saw the Coyote tractor for the first time in the US. you could look into the Coyote made in India.if you have a dealer that sells it near you. Built very no frills rugged .

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
the Coyote made in India.if you have a dealer that sells it near you. Built very no frills rugged .
My brother purchased a 30hp kyoti last
spring and loves it. It’s 4x4 and has lots more power than his old 2n. Not sure what
he paid for it but said it was a good price. I would love a sub compact tractor also, it would sure make a lot of jobs around here much faster and enjoyable. But for now that is pie in the sky thinking for me lol. Buy the best rear tine you can afford and you will be happy with it and get tons more work done.

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here's my tiller!!!
039.JPG

Since it's behind the tractor is it a rear tine?
This tiller is actually made so you can reverse the direction and have it move the dirt to the front or the rear.
It can also be offset from side to side.

THANX RICH

Latest posts