- Jun 19, 2014
- Reaction score
- Richmond, Missouri (zone 6)
Would I be able to substitute rutabaga for the celery root? None of the stores here seem to have it in stock but I’ve gotten everything else.Ingredients
& leeks, close to equal parts of each
chicken stock sufficient to cover the vegetables plus a little more
Salt and pepper
- Peel the potatoes and celery root. Cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Cut the leek into slices about ½ inch thick.
- In a large pan, mix the vegetables and cover with stock. Bring to a boil, then simmer about 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add cream
- Remove 1 cup to purée with a blender. Return to pot and add salt and pepper.