Eating Well on a Budget

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
No matter how fancy a restaurant and the dishes could be, for me, the real comfort is always homemade food - simple, cost-effective, and delicious.

Pork fried with cucumber and basil, scrambled eggs with homemade spicy ketchep, and rice.
1663442007318.png

The temperature drops so fast, and it's again the season of soup! Sesame oil, ginger, sliced pork liver and pork heart, homegrown leafy green.
1663442072246.png

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
No matter how fancy a restaurant and the dishes could be, for me, the real comfort is always homemade food - simple, cost-effective, and delicious.

Pork fried with cucumber and basil, scrambled eggs with homemade spicy ketchep, and rice.
View attachment 52060

The temperature drops so fast, and it's again the season of soup! Sesame oil, ginger, sliced pork liver and pork heart, homegrown leafy green.
View attachment 52061

View attachment 52060

View attachment 52061
I too love homemade food the best! ♥️ Your dishes look wonderful! I have make homemade ketchup in the past, but I do get lazy with making that. We always make homemade mayo, salad dressings, sauces, tortillas, bread, and nearly every meal is completely homemade.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@Dahlia , have you ever made homemade barbecue sauce?

I've used a couple rhubarb (rhu-b-que) sauce recipes. However, we don't barbecue very often and don't use much sauce. A bottle lasts for months. A bother ...

Still, it was good.

Steve
Yes, I have made homemade BBQ sauce and so many other sauce recipes! Your rhubarb BBQ sauce sounds tasty!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looking at an ingredient list, that Sazon sounds good. See, there are knowledgeable BBQ people and I'm not really one of them. There was a desire to do something with rhubarb and I had no real idea if it would taste good to me.

rhubarb BBQ sauce sounds tasty!
These are the ones I tried and, for me, they were all good ;).

Taste of Home
Allrecipe
Canadian Living

I'm surprised that they are still out there. It is almost 10 years since I tried them :).

Steve

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Looking at an ingredient list, that Sazon sounds good. See, there are knowledgeable BBQ people and I'm not really one of them. There was a desire to do something with rhubarb and I had no real idea if it would taste good to me.

These are the ones I tried and, for me, they were all good ;).

Taste of Home
Allrecipe
Canadian Living

I'm surprised that they are still out there. It is almost 10 years since I tried them :).

Steve
That kinda thing might be most fun with Bo Ssam. Here is the first one I tried, mainly because I like saying the name over and over at parties.

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I bought cheap chicken thighs to dehydrate for the pets. I took all the scraps and bones and made some stock. I have to chill it yet to separate the fat. I like using the stock. It is harder to use the fat. I usually toss it. I wonder if the cats would like it? Probably not -they are so picky.
IMG_20220917_144343_01.jpg
IMG_20220917_174528_01.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Taiwanese-style Pig's trotter over rice served with homegrown french beans.
1663510082041.png

In Germany, some supermarkets will offer less popular varieties of meat and organs. I love them. The prices are always much lower than the lean meat prepared neatly - no skin, no bones, properly cut, and three times more expensive.
9287.jpg

I also like chicken wings - there are many ways to make them delicious.
Japanese-style fried chicken wings - crunchy and juicy in one bite.

1663510458626.png

Latest posts