Einstein's Moustache and Rain

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
FINALLY! :th

Houston, we have RAIN!

None of this >>>>> :coolsun stuff for awhile.

The sky is doing this >>>>> :watering

And man alive, we sure need it!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Always remember,

When doing a rain dance, TIMING IS EVERYTHING!

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
For the last 2 weeks we had daily ... :watering Starting today and for the next 6 days ... :coolsun and the nights will have Jack Frost for a guest appearance ... :hit PS. Peter Rabbit made a quick guest appearance at 5 AM today :bun

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
BobM, when I drove to town the other day, Jack the Rabbit decided to lead the way for must've been 5 miles up and down the hills. Should I charge Jack the Rabbit fees for the aerobic exercise?

PS, the entire Bigfoot clan packed up their twigs and leaves and went to Baja for the winter. The Bigfoot kids said for me to tell you howdy for them. Course, the way they use random words that was the best I could translate it. Bigfoots have picked up the ideas of words but they don't know that words are supposed to be consistent yet. They do use the right amount of words though! An amazing breakthrough with them a few months ago! What they actually said was:

Rocks sky the toe there subaru beans I Hair nails thing fence, hooooooooot be is.

Translates as:

Make sure you tell that person on that computer gadget you use, howdy for us.

Translating random words is not as easy as you think!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here, an absolutely a blue sky day :coolsun all day (!) - Marshall!

A kind of strange thing was that it was 32f when I got up at 4:30. Of course, it got a little colder. Then, it didn't warm up above freezing until 1pm! Hours and hours of sunshine but once it dropped below 32, it stayed that way until mid-day.

Yeah, you know it :rolleyes: . . . wind was out of the mountains and from the NW. Sheesh - windchill was in the teens until nearly midday! I had errands but didn't do any walking today. Just realized that :/. I was out for a 1mi stroll yesterday after 4pm but it was nearly 50! Not gonna do it this late - haven't got my arctic legs under me yet ;).

Tomorrow will see the first actual teens on the thermometer. It has been another slow slide thru a season. Had some Southern Curled and Twisted-Stem Mustards from the garden yesterday :p. Expect bok choy from the greenhouse from here on out.

Enjoy your "California dew" !

Steve
click that lamppost!

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well Marshall thank you for the translation of the howdy from the Big Foot kids. :frow When they come back , be sure to say welcome back :celebrate and that I would like to have a lakeside picnic with them. :pop I guess that we will have to have you to translate our conversation. :old Funny that we need a Neanderthal to be the intermediary ! :lol:

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
Marshall, I don't know about you, but did you get a TON of wind today!?! We sure did and it was crazy!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nifty, I was just about to post about the wind. We had terrible gusts. Here in the tall Firs and the Oaks, right after the rain which wetted the ground it was actually kind of worrisome.

Branches fell on camper's sites and I will need to do a full inspection rounds today to assess and report any damage. Will likely need to sharpen my chainsaw blade to clear things.

The wind here in the basin came from all directions. Sometimes it brushed the treetops from over Orchid Hill, other times the wind swooped up and into the trees from the lake.

It's when the wind does both that damage happens.

The windstorm apparently was widespread, now you reporting it from somewhere south of the bay area, a friend from Clear Lake had it bad too, Sparks Nevada also. I wonder if NinnyMary in the East Bay had the strong winds too. Probably. I hear tell there were power outages in Sonoma County and at least one neighborhood in Ukiah.

My cat Peeper has radar ears and is very smart, knowing I am interested in where branch or tree falls happen. When they happen he goes to a window and points his nose in the direction while making a low almost growl sound. Awesome British Shorthair! Clevland, my Abyssinian does it only a little, mostly following along like it's a game, but he's two years younger and did not have the time as the just two of us in the woods that Peeper had.

So, based on Peeper's nose direction pinpointing where a fall happened last night, I'm thinking southeast of my cabin maybe 200 feet depending on the size of the fall. There are several camps in that direction to check on. Peeper was quite worried about that one, so I think the fall hit something metallic which usually means damage.