Einstein's Moustache and Rain

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
While it is nice to own property in 2 locations , the ranch ( 2 story , 3039 sq. ft. ,all steel structure ( earthquake 4 rating [ highest rating] passive solar house on 20 acre horse ranch ) has lost over half it's value,( we still haven't been able to sell it in 5 years ) however the recurring expenses and property taxes have gone up plus we are now also saddled with new fire protection fees by the state. :somad So Marshall , you finally learned to rub 2 sticks together to make fire ? That is quite an accomplishment for an Neanderthal. :bow Congratulations ! :clap Is learning to split the atom to create heat next on your agenda ? :hu

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Controlling the electromagnetic spectrum was easy peasy Bob! First it was with 2 stones to make the spark. Those only lasted a split second, and I needed more of the T portion of the xyzt quantum field! See how it is being half Neanderthal and half modern?) So, once I dried some pre used redwood and split it into very small pieces and shreds and made the stone crash sparks right on the matrix of dry wood, got it just right, I had fire in the infrared and visible portions of the electromagnetic. After that, keeping the fire going was easy peasy too.

However, some modern humans invented a thing called BIC LIGHTERS!

Oh boy! I can't tell you how much easier controlling the electromagnetic wavelengths got from there! Click that spark and it lights gas which is pre contrived to spit out just right. Use that small electromagnetic in the infrared active right on the shredded redwood matrix and VOYLA!

=====

Bob, next on the agenda is controlling two related forces, the WEAK NUCLEAR, and the GRAVITY.

Now, modern humans are kinda slow to realize how closely related these are to electromagnetism! I'm thinking that since gravity has SOME OF THE SAME PROPERTIES OF ELECTROMAGNETISM...

Hang on. Test question for you Bob:

Can you tell me what one property gravity has in common with light?
Hint! It has something to do with propagation through the quantum field.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Since my brain is 100% human ( NO Neanderthal that I am aware of ) I will have to buy an airplane ticket to jet to Baja California and consult with the Big Foot kids and make a recording of our convesation. I will need to consult your Neanderthal side of the brain to translate their lingo. Do you know what beach they are staying at ? :cool: In the meantime post the correct answer so the rest of the hominids can read up on it. :caf

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bob, both gravity and light share the same proportion of reducing inversly proportional to the square of the distance from the source.

Get 3 times as far from the source of light and ya get 1 ninth the light there. Same with gravity. Get 3 times as far from the center of it and ya get 1 ninth the pull of gravity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity

First it was worked out by Newton who was at least 1 eighth neanderthal. Then, Einstein came along who only had a micro portion of neanderthal, I think it shows in his moustache, and he decided that gravity is determined by how the empty and filled space/time in our universe is curved. (I got 3 new holes in my head from scratching my scalp over that one!)

Wellp, then I had some strong coffee. See, according to these physicists, our universe is what is left from a huge explosion that happened sometime before I was born, even before grandpa bigfoot was born, 13.77 billion years ago. Man Bob, that thing went KABOOM!

The smoke of that big bang is still expanding! But ya see, there it was in the real middle of nowhere, everything, I mean everysingle thing all packed up. Einstein said that even gravity got separated from the stuff in order for it to all fit in, and then,

...see, this Einstein feller, he said that even all the empty space got squished in it! In other words, Einstein calculated that space itself is a "thing" that something can happen to, and not just the place that things happen...

K Bob, you scratching holes in your head too? Now you see why I scratched these holes in my scalp, and I don't even have fleas or crabs!

So the way Einstein said things happened to space, well, some other folks came along and called it QUANTUM FIELD instead of space. At first Einstein didn't like the idea of calling it that because the stuff that fit in it they said worked by rules of QUANTUM MECHANICS, and at first that didn't work with how Einstein said TIME and GRAVITY worked.

But they decided not to fight about it. Wasn't that nice of them? They talked about it instead.

Einstein at the chalkboard. One professor giving his math, another giving his math, and so on. Got it all nicely written up, then they went to the beach at New Jersey. (Yep, they did). What the other professors did not know was that while catching rays and taking pictures, EINSTEIN WAS CALCULATING THE MATH THAT WAS ON HIS CHALKBOARD 100 MILES AWAY. While he was at the beach.

When they got back, Einstein unlocked his work office, walked to the chalkboard and promptly solved all the complicated math equations. Sat on his desk, and said, "Therefore gentlemen, space/time, that fact you refer to as the Quantum Field, can and does BEND and CURVE." That decision, based on math, UNIFIED the various theories of physics.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
heh, should i get you started on string theory Marshall? :p dh had to fill me in on that one since he's the physics geek in the house, and all i really know of it came from the tv show Sliders. :lol:

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
One thing that terrifies a Neanderthal is STRING THEORY!

So far though, I think the NATIVE CURVATURE OF THE QUANTUM FIELD is what causes the need for more invisible matter here, and more unseen energy there.

Those guys you see think that the big kaboom made a perfect sphere. Kabooms don't do that. Look at any kaboom. A big puff goes here, another big puff there, all around it, and each puff has smaller puffs on it. That's what makes the quantum field all odd shaped, not a bunch of flat planes intersecting.

Add to that, gravity does some things inside huge dense blown up stars that pack down and then go invisible. Things that Newton did not at all think of, and that did not get considered until 8 years after Einstein's life. Even then, up to just a few weeks ago, had not even been remotely considered...

See, gravity can merge with other forces. With electromagnetism after electromagnetism merges with what holds protons and neutrons together, the weak nuclear.

And, gravity acts as though it has VOLUME while merging, so that SOME of it might merge, but not all of it.

That's where conservation of energy and mass comes in.

So ya see, nature can do things to gravity. And, science is only now realizing that. In November 2013 the idea that gravity can reduce its reach while increasing its pull and keep conservation of energy was finally realized by humans.

Why'd it take so long? Lol!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
So . . .

Wind can be weighed by ton, as Nifty suggests.

In fact, space & light can be weighed by ton, too! (We need Canesisters to say something funny about now :p!)

Steve

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Marshall, wow! I think that I'll have to have you help me in my science classes next time! 'Cause I didn't understand a lot of what you said in your last few posts! :ep

We finished up in physics a while ago, just getting into Mendelian genetics, Punnett squares in particular. Easy when then only put two pairs of alleles in, put when they start added more - Whoo! Oh boy! ;)

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
TheSeedObsesser said:
Marshall, wow! I think that I'll have to have you help me in my science classes next time! 'Cause I didn't understand a lot of what you said in your last few posts! :ep

We finished up in physics a while ago, just getting into Mendelian genetics, Punnett squares in particular. Easy when then only put two pairs of alleles in, put when they start added more - Whoo! Oh boy! ;)
SeedObsesser, don't try to follow what Marshall says too closely. He is hopped up on caffeine and pretty much anything can happen.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mendel's second law of inheritance, the law of independent assortment. Yes, that one adds some complicating factors, but you'll get it. Just remember, with 2 separate traits in the f2, you get 9:3:3:1
9 offspring show both dominant traits
3 offspring show one of the dominant traits
3 offspring show the other dominant trait
1 offspring shows both recessive traits.

Yea, coffee, but I actually do study these things... :p

But I add the neanderthal "haywaitaminute. Yer tellin me space can bend and twist?" so I have to figure out the what the hecks. then, explain it?

to do the square for the 2 separate trait assortment they like to call the dihybrid cross,
you first set the 2 parent gene sets like this:

(aa BB) X (AA bb)

...and then the fun begins if you have to show the work, if you don't have to show it, you know that f1 will have an A and an a, and a B and a b.

(Aa bB)

And then 2 of these will be crossed

(Aa bB) X (Aa bB)