Einstein's Moustache and Rain

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
That town Nice is along the east shore of Clear Lake. The number 5,000 people without power probably includes areas not in the town.

It is actually STILL windy!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes Marshall, the winds were pretty bad down here. The good thing about them were that they were warm winds. We work out at the gym from 6:30 - 8:45pm outside. We have layers and start stripping as we get warmed up. I'm glad the wind was not cold and damp last night. It wasn't too bad being out there.

Mary

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
NinnyMary says:

"We work out at the gym from 6:30 - 8:45pm outside. We have layers and start stripping as we get warmed up. I'm glad the wind was not cold and damp last night. It wasn't too bad being out there."

I like that kind of gym! :love Makes me want to join that one and get in shape.

=====

:hide

It's still windy here! On the plus side, none of the downed branches has done any serious damage, but... 2 branches happened to fall within 10 feet of me! Think I'll stay inside more for awhile!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
(Marshall, from his recliner):
"What is it, Peeper? A little boy fell in a well? Let's go get him, Peeper!"

Does anyone else remember Timmy and Lassie? TEG has Marshall and Peeper.:p

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Marshall, All of our numerous cats have been killed by coyotes :somad ( average lifespan of a barn cat in our area is less than 6 months, while our 100% indoor house cats- 10 years +/- if they don't sneak out). Since the weatherman is wrong most of the time ... I have a 300 + / - year old Valley Oak tree the side of the creek bank just 65 feet from the house. For my weather reports, I hung a cotton rope from one of the huge branches. So when I look at that rope and I find it to be wet, I know that it is raining. If I see that cotton rope swinging back and forth, I know that it is windy. If I can't see the rope at all, I know that it is foggy. If I can see the rope, and it isn't wet or swinging to and fro, I know that the sun is shining and I need to put on my sun block and sun glasses and go for a 2 mile walk down the country road to the old ( 1867) oak grove cemetery hill and back . Upon returning I can enjoy a glass of lemonaide while sitting in an easy chair on the patio shaded by the Redwood trees. :cool:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think Bob has moved back to the Sacramento River Valley!

Either that, or his mind has become enchanted and he is somewhere in memories . . .

;)

Steve

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
When one owns property in 2 states and has kids and grandkids in both locations, one tends to travel back and forth by airplane or car quite a bit. :hu

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
You mean you aren't like my youngest uncle, Bob?

He retired about 20 years ago. Moved out of Sacramento area and up to Paradise . . . Paradise California, that is :).

I thought that was nice but worried about them driving in the ice & snow - really steep terrain. Well, then they packed up and moved to Newport Oregon! Waaaay downhill! For a guy who likes to garden, I thought that was kind of nutz! It didn't take 'em too long to hate every month except August, September & October. Which anyone would love. They moved to Tucson area. Okay - out of the refrigerator and into the frying pan :rolleyes:. Desert sunsets, lovely! Kind of draws you . . . So now, they've moved back to the Sacramento area :).

Gotta love 'em, can't shoot 'em into space . . .

Steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...at first I thought the human half of my brain was losing it and was gonna bench it to injured reserve, but whew, don't have to shut down the mad scientist dungeon after all.

Bob has both places. :rainbow-sun

sorry about that bob.

k, back to thawing out my toes. Got the woodstove fired up, just set the chunk of Madrone in it!

Oh boy!

I let my toes get sweaty working outside then failed to realize they were getting kinda cold. The kinda thing that happens when you're only half Neanderthal. Oh how my ice age ancestors would be ashamed of me. On the other hand, I do not use paper to make a fire. That'd be cheating.

Latest posts