Einstein's Moustache and Rain

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Back to Universal Power: Marshall, you do realize that Suburu is losing out to Honda for powering not only a car but a smart home?

I just saw that on Japanese news and couldn't wait to tell you in case you missed that show! I haven't found the news program yet but I think that this may have been the press release from Honda about 18 months ago. (LINK) You know how teevee always has that much lag in getting any important stuff out to the public - unless it is happening right now! Then, they can just make things up on the fly.

Anyway, the story has so much about rare earths and salts that I got weighed down trying to read it but, My Heavens, power your own home and vehicle? Really, high tech for off-the-grid folks -- right there wherever we live ;).

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here it is!

NHK (Japan Broadcasting) Asia Biz . . . scroll about half way down to Driving the Future(link) The Honda/Toshiba/Sekisui House stuff starts about 6:30min into the show.

Check out that electrolysis unit! There it is! Smart Living :cool:!

Steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Digit, remind me to look at the vid stuff after the 1st or 2nd of the month. My off grid satellite service Exide is not the deluxe kind. They have broadband limits on me. Once I use that limit they lower my service bandwidth, whatever that is, to basic internet, and that's usually by around the 20th of the month. Short version, after the 20th of each month, no more youtube or myspace music, no vids, no music. :(

Subarus are actually part of subaru heavy industries, and seems to be a very dynamic company. Reminds me of weebles. They always bounce right back up. Most cars follow suit after Cadillacs. Caddies first have computerized carbs, then other cars have it. Cads get electronic fuel injection, then so do other cars. Subaru doesn't follow cadillac's lead. They'll put a flat 4 in the front that lasts longer, get it time tested, add symetrical drivelines, find out that lasts forever, add dynamic computerized suspension differently than caddies or nascars, everyone loves it and it never breaks.

Meantime honda comes up with compartmentalized motors and puts them in a suitcase and then charges a fortune for them, but everyone loves them. Including me. But now Yamaha has it. My new generator is the same yamaha brand that my alto sax was.

(Ahhhhh, got my woodstove going nicely. Don't need to add any Madrone this morning.)

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Alas, too misty to try to find Mercury this morning...

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i'm still waiting to hear where we'll be able to spot comet Ison in the sky! i guess having articles about that are low on the priority list for most news sites unless i bothered to go to phys.org like my dh does on a nearly daily basis.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'll open a tab to that one now. Thanks chickie'smomainnh!

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
The comet didn't survive it's near fly by around the sun ! :coolsun

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
It hit that huge solar storm, didn't it?

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I think they're not sure yet whether the comet survived its near encounter with the sun. I read this morning that it may take a while for them to determine if its still a comet or not. They were definitely sure it wasnt going to hit the earth :)

Latest posts