El nino, weird or what?

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
According to the National Weather Service reported that as of midnight Monday... Vancouver , Wa. set a new record rainfall for the month of Dec. at 15.77" . Global warming ? Nahhh, just El Nino at work. The previous record was 15.04" set in 1933. While the typical average rainfall for Dec. is 6.77". ;) As for some of you and Mary digging out from snowfall ... Al Gore , when he was the VP, predicted that we were entering a new ice age. :idunno This morning we are engulfed in FOG as well as BLACK ICE. Highway 14 along the Columbia River is closed due to MANY cars spinning out untill crews can complete de-icing . We are at 30 degrees and our gravel walkways are very slippery ( I slipped and slid but fortuneatly did not fall as I walked to scrape the ice off the car windows) , more so than our slightly sloped concrete driveway and the asphalt on our roadways. :ep

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, I like your horse Journey. I've never seen a black horse with a white mane. What does the rest of him look like?

Mary

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, I like your horse Journey. I've never seen a black horse with a white mane. What does the rest of him look like?

Mary

He's mostly white, except for his head and one of his hindquarters. It's really hard to keep him clean long enough to get a good picture!

IMGP1057b_web.jpg

When I mapped my dad's farm on Google earth awhile back, I could spot him in the field right away, standing in his favorite spot. :)

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
DS said he will finish the driveway tomorrow. !

I read your other post too about your son. My DS is helping so much this year. I am tired of the snow. Slipping and sliding and the roads. I just hope we get rain this spring and not so dry this year. I hope your DH stays safe with the shoveling. I have been going through the same here.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lack of sleep has been a problem. DH goes to bed so early he wants to get up at midnight and go for breakfast. I treasure all the sleep I am allowed. Last night, he went to bed at 6:30 pm and got up and dressed at 10:00-something. He didn't bother me to get up with him so I fell back to sleep.

This morning I noticed his gloves sitting beside his jacket. The danged guy went outside in the middle of the night to shovel! Fortunately (sort of) he slipped and did his version of the splits in the snow so he quit shoveling and came back inside to bed -- fully clothed. Nothing says good morning like a pair of work boots pushing into your back. . .

He seems to be a little "foggy" and "out of it" this morning, but nothing too worrisome. Other then weak legs from yesterday's overworking his shovel, he doesn't seem physically any the worse for wear. Got a good talking to from me, son, and the speech therapist. It's a shame he'll not remember all the fuss.

Latest posts