Elephant Ear Question

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Blulbs seem to go on sale at the tail end of the season. I always wondered if you could still plant them or to save them for next year. I would think they would dry up if you saved them.

Mary

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Went out of town this weekend and I stopped at a TSC on the way. I found a elephant ear bulb on sale for $2.99 Yay! I will plant it tomorrow in a hugh cobalt pot. I just bought one. I hope that was enough. Not sure if I am supposed to plant several in a pot that big. I guess I could always plant other stuff around it.

Mary

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's going to be lovely Mary. I hope you'll post picts once it's up. I picked up one from TSC this weekend too - wonder if they're the same variety?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cane, mine is just the green color kind.

Ridgerunner, I didn't know they reproduced easily. Thistle grew them in pots for a client. That's where I got the idea from. I'm trying to give my deck a tropical look. I already have the reddish banana plant and angels trumpet.

Mary

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cane, mine is just the green color kind.

Ridgerunner, I didn't know they reproduced easily. Thistle grew them in pots for a client. That's where I got the idea from. I'm trying to give my deck a tropical look. I already have the reddish banana plant and angels trumpet.

Mary

Mine too. Silly me - I tossed the little tag that was rubber-banded to it....
I've already got a couple of the dark green ones and 1 red-stemed one on the sides of the heat pump, this one went in front with some cladaiums (sp?) that were also at TSC on sale.
You'll have to post some picts of your tropical paradise once the EE has come up. :)

Latest posts