Elevated bed for herbs

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That's what I'll have when I get too be too old to bend over! Does it make it hard to harvest tomatoes? My tomatoes grow at least 7' so I can't imagine being able to reach them if they are then off the ground by that much.

Mary
You wouldn’t have to cage them — you could allow them to drape over the edges of the beds instead! :)

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I no longer have a place to raise vegetables and probably wouldn't be physically able. I can still get down but it's Hell to get back up, but I have a strong urge to grow something. Even a weed would be welcome at this point. :(
I was thinking of an elevated bed; sort of a table with sides that can be filled with potting soil. It would have to be somewhere around 6 x3 feet or less since our patios are quite small. That would let me grow a few herbs.
In this dry heat here in the desert it would probably need to be watered several times a day and the herbs would have to be heat and drought resistant. Suggestions?
My mom has the exact same situation. She has a tini patio, but has small, tall, garden beds that are high enough she can stand up straight while tending her herbs. She had a small herb garden like this last year and loved the raised beds!

Latest posts