Epsom Salt in the garden?

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Someone told me you can get it at some farm stores in 50 lb bags. If you use it a lot to soak those sore muscles after working in the garden, it may be worthwhile to get that much at one time.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I use it on my garden and have seen wonderful things since doing so. Will be using it this evening as a foliar spray, in fact. I have some peppers that sorely need it, as well as a few tomatoes.

I've already used it sprinkled on the ground this season and have seen a wonderful change for the better in the tomatoes and peppers since then, but I think a little more is needed in some spots.

MoonShadows

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Tomatoes and peppers are already planted for a few weeks. Can I put some on top of the soil and will it percolate into the soil as it rains?

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's how I did it and do it most of the time. You'll be shocked at how quickly the plants get a deeper green from doing that. Seems like right after a good rain you can visibly SEE the difference in their color and growth.

ccheek

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have heard good things about it, and even bought some for my garden this year.... put it up and forgot I had it come planting time. :barnie I'm guessing I will copy @Beekissed and spray it on my plants. Hopefully that will help some at least....

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ok, you guys have me sold. I will buy some this weekend from the dollar store. My pepper plants aren't as big as I think they should be.

Mary

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
a well aged pork or beef bone in a planting hole also works wonders. The calcium in the bone slowly leaches into the ground.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
ccheek, I also forgot to put in in the tomatoes, I used a piece of metal to open a shaft to root level and tossed some in.
Most of our peppers were over wintered in the mountain house, we brought them down and they're in the greenhouse coming back to life, I'm floating epsom salt to their roots when watering, I see our cohorts have been using it on their peppers.

Richard

Jeni Ann

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Geez, here I have been wasting all that good stuff by soaking around in it :confused:!
Gonna go right out and sprinkle some around my weak looking tomato (only one looks anemic -?) and peppers!!

Latest posts