Excaliber Dehydrater 9 tray

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Bay, I hate dishwashers. The only reason I had one because when we first remodeled our kitchen I got talked into it because of home resale value. As if I would ever sell my home. We had flooding in the kitchen and had to replace it. I love washing dishes by hand and am quite fast doing so. :)

Mary

Ha ha, I can't imagine having so few dishes to wash that it would be considered something pleasant.:ep I am very jealous of the dehydrators. :drool:drool:drool:drool

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I hate dishwashers too. Mainly, loading them and unloading them from 7" off the floor. If they could design household dishwashers like those in a restaurant (slide the dishes through at counter height for a 30 second cycle), I might be tempted to get one.

I'm really happy we got an Excaliber dehydrator. We mostly use it for paprika peppers. Last year we made more than a pound of paprika!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I LOVE my dishwasher! I don't know how I could manage without one. I wash dishes by hand and put them into the dishwasher racks to air dry, empty the dish water, shut the dishwasher door, and the drying dishes are out of view. So much easier than drying everything by hand.

Besides, I've noticed that illnesses don't get spread as much when the dishwasher is used. When someone gets sick I do use the dishwasher -- or at least a rinse cycle in hot water.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well... since this thread slipped into the dishwater/washer! I am seriously thinking that the dishwasher has got to go. DH doesn't do dishes very often. Dishwasher broke a few years ago. Probably an easy fix but never called anyone to look at it. It just keeps running, on and on. Until I shut it off then dishes still come out grungy. UGH. I could really use the space to store some of the bulkier appliances.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Carol Dee, my first dishwasher broke years before I got a new one. It worked perfectly for my dish draining system all those years. Still, I can see where the space could be better served for you as shelving space for your bulkier kitchen appliances such as your Excaliber 9-tray dehydrator.

See, right back on topic, @ninnymary!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Smart Red LOL, yep, back on subject, soon to veer off in another direction if true to TEG form! (I love it here.) Just ask anyone that has ever tried to hold a conversation with me! :rolleyes:

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Smart Red, I have double sinks. I wash in one and let the dishes drip dry in the other. Sometimes if I'm in the mood I'll dry them by hand after they've drip dry for a few minutes.

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Okay back on the dishwasher track :D (nice try Red!) I'm in the don't like the dishwasher camp. If I'm going to have to rinse them, then load and unload, and still dry the plastic stuff that didn't dry completely I figure I'll just hand wash them and be done with it. Plus I enjoy the view out the window while I'm washing up. Oh! And it's a good way to get the fingernails clean!
I'd way rather have the cupboard space anyway.
DH does the dinner dishes about half the time now anyway.:love
I only had to wait 36 years for that.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Okay back on the dishwasher track :D (nice try Red!) I'm in the don't like the dishwasher camp. If I'm going to have to rinse them, then load and unload, and still dry the plastic stuff that didn't dry completely I figure I'll just hand wash them and be done with it. Plus I enjoy the view out the window while I'm washing up. Oh! And it's a good way to get the fingernails clean!
I'd way rather have the cupboard space anyway.
DH does the dinner dishes about half the time now anyway.:love
I only had to wait 36 years for that.
36 years! Will then my DH is 2 years behind. And still only washes once in a blue moon!

Latest posts