Explosion...DD's friend dead

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good grief! What a terrifying thing. Prayers and thoughts going out to that family, and your daughter. An older couple near me, had that happen to their home. Unfortunately, they were both in the house, and both died. Just such a bizarre thing- so completely unexpected.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
How horrible. I just saw that on the news this evening. :( I am glad you all are safe. I have always been afraid of natural gas, since when I was a kid my dad blew the hair off his arms and his eyebrows off lighting the pilot on the hot water tank.

I'm sure you heard about the gas line explosion in Sissonville, WV last fall that leveled 5 homes. Thank God, miraculously no one was hurt in that one. It melted the asphalt on both the N and S bound lanes of interstate. We drove down I-77 some weeks later and that whole area looked like Chernobyl.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Such a tragedy and hard for the entire community. I lost my best friend in a car accident when we where 16. (All three teens in the car died.) It took time. Lots of tears. Yes I will add my prayers for the family and your daughter. Hugs...

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
What a horrible accident ! Give your daughter a big hug. About 20 years ago, we lived in a small town in Cal. One Sunday morning, when this country family were at church, their 500 gal. propane tank exploded, blew their house down, set it on fire and burned it to the ground. The tank flew about 100 yards away, and the blast was heard almost 10 miles away.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
How sad and tragic!! My thoughts and prayers to their family and yours. Such a sad thing.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Such a tragic story. Things like this are never supposed to happen to people we know -- and yet they do. Hugs and prayers for those left suffering in body or heart. I am glad you are there to get/give DD the support and help she will need.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It is going to take a lot of time to recover. I went threw our pantry this morning found few items to donate.... and a few blankets. It's not much.... just wish I could do more.

My daughter stated this morning that when she woke up she hoped it had been a bad dream.... then seen her facebook page covered in articles and photo's of the accident and knew it wasn't a dream. :( My heart breaks for DD and the family suffering their loss.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm so sorry.

I know you'll help, and hope for your neighborhood all good wishes and strength.

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thank you everyone. I'm sure the Mozingo's would say the same. Not only is their house gone, but the neighboring house is a total loss, and at least two others are currently unlivable and are probably total losses as well. It's miraculous that anyone survived. JB is doing better now. It's funny how the young are able to rebound so quickly. Her heart still aches, but she has stopped crying and is returning to normal. Today was her first day back to school (Monday was a holiday) and she did fairly well. Hannah's funeral is pending the release of the family from the hospital. If JB is up to attending, I'll take her myself. I believe it will be a big service. I will also understand if JB decides she isn't able to go.

Latest posts