Explosion...DD's friend dead

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
In honor of Miss Hannah Mozingo, the kids wore camo to school today :D A local business is making shirts for the family. 100% of the sales will go to the family for helping them get back on their feet. The kids call Hannah "the redneck princess" DD said almost everyone wore camo or "team Hannah" shirts to school today.

The shock has worn off, now reality has to set in. Julia also said it was strange getting on the bus and Hannah not being on it....and not seeing her in the halls at school

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
There are several benefit dinners going on in the next few weeks to help this family. They are getting tons of donations from all over! My dad told me this morning that this was on the national news :eek:

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Quick up-date on the family of the explosion. The community has been very supportive! The oldest daughter Haley was released from the hospital on Friday and re-united with her brother. The mom and dad are still in the hospital recovering. Still no word on funeral arrangements for little Hannah! I have heard that the family might have to use the local High School gym for her services.

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
i'm just now reading your posts - I missed it. such a tragedy. these unexplainable things that bring such pain are hard to deal with. I hope your daughter continues to improve & i'm glad your community is reaching out to the family. I know the pain of losing one your love. nothing eases the pain - but knowing others care brings a salve to unbearable wounds.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It's been a rough week and half. Daughter is doing pretty good!!! I know she has been happy and sad all at the same time. It's hard when you loose a friend at such a young age!!!! It is wonderful to see the community reaching out to help these people. I'm going to take some more eggs and a loaf of bread over for donation..... maybe i'll make some fresh egg noodles also.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Last night I did something no parent should ever have to do.... I took my DD to pay her last respects to her little friend Hannah Mozingo. :hit She did pretty good until we got up to the casket and she realized her friend was actually in there. (It was a closed casket) I'm proud of her for being brave enough to pay her respects to her friend, but honestly that was hard to see the parents and my little girl crying.
Yes it's a part of the life cycle, to live and die, but to have such a young person loose their life that way is impossible to wrap your head around.... even as an adult, let a lone a child.
My heart breaks thinking of this family today as they lay their child to rest.

DD said she did not want to attend the burial today, last night was hard enough.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
My heart breaks for all of you. (I do know what you are going through, sadly.) Big Hugs for all. :hugs

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thank you Carol Dee. It's such a sad day for our little community. My heart is heavy and breaking. I can not even begin to imagine the pain her parents are experiencing.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is part of the life cycle and all that, but that doesnt make it any easier. We all have our ways to cope with things like this. Some go to funerals and some dont. Nobody ever knows the right thing to say or do, maybe because there really isnt anything right to say or do.

Many of us have experienced thing like this. My heart goes out to all of you as you try to support each other.

Latest posts