EZ Soups

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
What is schmaltz?

Mary

Fancy shmancy word for rendered chicken fat. ;)

Schmaltz (also spelled schmalz or shmalz) is rendered (clarified) chicken or goose fat used for frying or as a spread on bread in Central European cuisine, and in the United States, particularly identified with Ashkenazi Jewish cuisine.

The English term "schmaltz" is derived from Yiddish, and is cognate with the German term Schmalz, meaning "rendered animal fat", regardless of source—both tallow and lard are considered forms of Schmalz in German, as is clarified butter. English usage tends to follow Yiddish, where it means poultry fat.[1][2][3]

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Potato soup! I chop up several potatoes and boil in chicken broth until the potatoes are soft. I toss in chopped onions and celery, garlic, black pepper and salt. Right before serving, I pour in some milk and get it hot. I fry bacon, chop green onions and shred cheese. I fill a bowl with the soup, top with the onions, bacon and cheese. Yum!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Potato soup! I chop up several potatoes and boil in chicken broth until the potatoes are soft. I toss in chopped onions and celery, garlic, black pepper and salt. Right before serving, I pour in some milk and get it hot. I fry bacon, chop green onions and shred cheese. I fill a bowl with the soup, top with the onions, bacon and cheese. Yum!
YUMMY:drool

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
So...... @thistlebloom and @majorcatfish maybe swapping some pictures might be in order? :lol::lol::lol:

So should they be real or something from the 'net (you know like people on dating sites do)? ((umm, I'm guessing about that because I've never been on a dating site))

And back off Mary, I think you need to take a number and get in line!

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
oh @baymule don't think i could persuade either @thistlebloom or @ninnymary to leave their hubbys .... but there's the chance that we can grow veggies year long out here.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

oh wait a second were we talking about dd or what?
dang squirrel moment...

i do come with a green thumb.....
DSC_0003.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts