Family Restaurant

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We now have three persons, two cats, two dogs, and 16 chickens. Most of the time, preparing food for all is part of my daily routine. Two years ago, when we had only two dogs, I bought commercial feeds for them. Five chickens came later, and now it turns to be 16. Last November, two kittens were also on board. Things changed a bit from that moment.

Sometimes I laugh at myself; it seems that I am running a small restaurant for my kids - daughter and husband (human kids), fur and feather kids. The good thing is, I love cooking.

So it might be fun to share what I make for the entire family.

I used glass jars to collect kitchen scraps, and they will become part of chicken feed the following day, mixed with fermented feed.

34471.jpg

34391.jpg

Cats and dogs are raw fed, and I prepared their meals according to a rough ratio: meat 80% / meaty bone 10% / organs 10%. They also enjoy fresh eggs from our hens.

34463.jpg

In the beginning, it was much more complicated to prepare fresh food for them every day. But now, practices make the preparation easy. I know what they are eating, and there is nothing I can't recognize.
34462.jpg

They came to us when they were two months old. Right after their weaning, each of their meal till today is homemade.
34459.jpg

As for us, I used cured meat, red lentils, quinoa, and sesame oil ginger paste for the rice.
34482.jpg

Added some blanched flower sprouts
34483.jpg

Bacon and Beans
34479.jpg

Scrambled eggs with kimchi and tomatoes
34481.jpg

Stir-fried Chinese cabbage and Shiitake, seasoned with shallot and shrimp confit
34480.jpg

After having our garden, planting vegetables and fruits, raising chickens - our meals become more flavorful. Although I won't have a restaurant, I love to cook for family and friends.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We now have three persons, two cats, two dogs, and 16 chickens. Most of the time, preparing food for all is part of my daily routine. Two years ago, when we had only two dogs, I bought commercial feeds for them. Five chickens came later, and now it turns to be 16. Last November, two kittens were also on board. Things changed a bit from that moment.

Sometimes I laugh at myself; it seems that I am running a small restaurant for my kids - daughter and husband (human kids), fur and feather kids. The good thing is, I love cooking.

I used glass jars to collect kitchen scraps, and they will become part of chicken feed the following day, mixed with fermented feed.

View attachment 44184

View attachment 44180

Cats and dogs are raw fed, and I prepared their meals according to a rough ratio: meat 80% / meaty bone 10% / organs 10%. They also enjoy fresh eggs from our hens.

View attachment 44181

In the beginning, it was much more complicated to prepare fresh food for them every day. But now, practices make the preparation easy. I know what they are eating, and there is nothing I can't recognize.
View attachment 44182

They came to us when they were two months old. Right after their weaning, each of their meal till today is homemade.
View attachment 44183

As for us, I used cured meat, red lentils, quinoa, and sesame oil ginger paste for the rice.
View attachment 44185

View attachment 44187

Bacon and Beans
View attachment 44188

View attachment 44189

Stir-fried Chinese cabbage and Shiitake, seasoned with shallot and shrimp confit
View attachment 44190

After having our garden, planting vegetables and fruits, raising chickens - our meals become more flavorful. Although I won't have a restaurant, I love to cook for family and friends.
Can I be your friend please :drool

I absolutely love all of your ideas on food :)

Last edited:

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

View attachment 44184

View attachment 44180

View attachment 44181

View attachment 44182

View attachment 44183

View attachment 44185

View attachment 44187

Bacon and Beans
View attachment 44188

View attachment 44189

View attachment 44190

What foods do you use for the cats and dog's? I can see some inbte pictures. Do you ferment food for them at all?

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
What foods do you use for the cats and dog's? I can see some inbte pictures. Do you ferment food for them at all?
I use different kinds of meat, meaty bones, and organs for them. To maintain sufficient stock, I will do monthly shopping in local discounters, online BARF shops, and a Turkish market in another town.

The only fermented food I give them is plain yogurt.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The first thing I prepare in the morning is usually the feed for the chicken. Today all chickens have scrambled eggs and shrimp shells for additional protein - most of them are molting, either the second juvenile molt or the first adult molt.

Besides that extra protein, their feed included fermented grains (all flock), mixed veggies, and apples.
34680.jpg

Breakfast for us three: cheeseburger with pan-fried turkey breast and chili
34677.jpg

Then close the noontime, our cats and dogs will have their first meal. They also enjoy scrambled eggs today.

34668.jpg

34667.jpg

Before cleaning and pruning in the gardening, I made myself a coffee and some cinnamon rolls in my reading corner.
34685.jpg

Dim sums and homegrown veggies as a reward after gardening works. I bought these Dim sums from an online shop. Thankfully we are pretty close to Nederland, and I order a lot of goodies from various shops.

What makes the Dim sum unique is my homemade chili sauce. 🥰
34684.jpg