Family Restaurant

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
We just lost our (somewhat close) authentic German restaurant. The owner moved from Germany and opened it some 40 years ago. None of his kids wanted to run it, Covid and a flood in the small town Finally did it in earlier this year.
We used to love their red cabbage. Do you know of a good recipe for this?
Sure would appreciate it! :hugs

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We just lost our (somewhat close) authentic German restaurant. The owner moved from Germany and opened it some 40 years ago. None of his kids wanted to run it, Covid and a flood in the small town Finally did it in earlier this year.
We used to love their red cabbage. Do you know of a good recipe for this?
Sure would appreciate it! :hugs
I don't, but I will be more than willing to try one and update you soon. :D

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Dessert and game time!
480.jpg

The base is apple and banana puree, then one orange, whipping cream, and some mountain cranberry jam on the top.
481.jpg

My husband bought the very big jigsaw puzzles for dementia patients, and I bought the ones for kids. The ones he bought are too simple for my FIL.
485.jpg

The one I bought is more suitable - a bit challenging but still some fun for him.
479_0.jpg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dessert and game time!
View attachment 48644
The base is apple and banana puree, then one orange, whipping cream, and some mountain cranberry jam on the top.
View attachment 48645

My husband bought the very big jigsaw puzzles for dementia patients, and I bought the ones for kids. The ones he bought are too simple for my FIL.
View attachment 48646
The one I bought is more suitable - a bit challenging but still some fun for him.
View attachment 48647

so sweet. :)

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We didn't have much love for BBQ, but there are a lot of alternatives I can offer.

The chicken meat was seasoned with salt, curry powder, and garlic and then rested in the fridge for a couple of hours. Quail eggs were picked earlier today, and vegetables were collected just before dinner.
720.jpg

Huge spinach!
722.jpg

Kind of "camping at home"? :lol:
721.jpg

725.jpg

726.jpg

It's a treat after a hard-working day.
719.jpg