Fashion in the garden

desertcat

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I'm in the whatever- is- not- clean- enough- to- go- out- in- public-, bu-t not- quite- ready- for- the- laundry camp. The only real givens in my garden wardrobe are my super floppy straw hat (with stampede string so I can garden instead of chase my windblown hat) and my purple garden gloves!

And I have to fess up to wearing my Crocs most of the time...although, in addition to the puncture hazard already mentioned, I have had earthworms trying to crawl THROUGH my shoes with my feet still in residence! :ep

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can NOT believe that a thread about fashion is into page 4 and STILL NO PICTURES.
Since I haven't had my first year as a 'real' gardener, I don't have any sense of my own garden fashion yet.
But here's a picture of my friend Dolly in her garden outfit from several years ago.
8721_dollly_2007.jpg

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I wear what ever I have on at the time. If I'm home, that means I'm working on something or doing something "dirty" anyway. The only time I am careful about what I wear is when I go into the corn late in the season. It only takes getting hit by a saddleback one time to teach a lifelong lesson ;)

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Saddleback caterpiller. Nasty little buggars with a sting worse than any hornet.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
canisters, that "scarelady" is too cute to chase anyone away! I love her beads..

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
MontyJ said:
Saddleback caterpiller. Nasty little buggars with a sting worse than any hornet.
Eeew, not sure what those are, but if you have them, then I have them here too! :hide

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
lesa said:
canisters, that "scarelady" is too cute to chase anyone away! I love her beads..
Thank you.
It's hard to see but she also has rings on her rubber glove hands and a whole bunch of bangles on one arm. She was a very glamouous garden lady. :lol:

Latest posts