Fencing Question

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
The garden gate won't help you much. My garden fortress is weak in all areas. Rabbits and groundhogs don't have any trouble getting in. I did not use a sill at my garden gate but I did under a gate for the dog pen to keep the dogs from digging out. This is a photo I found of that dog pen gate. Maybe it will help. For yours I'd probably raise it a bit so your gate bumps up against it to really minimize that gap.

Dog Pen.JPG

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thank you. We have other projects going here and there is about 5 feet of 2x6
that wasn't used think I will take it out in the morning

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
The garden gate won't help you much. My garden fortress is weak in all areas. Rabbits and groundhogs don't have any trouble getting in. I did not use a sill at my garden gate but I did under a gate for the dog pen to keep the dogs from digging out. This is a photo I found of that dog pen gate. Maybe it will help. For yours I'd probably raise it a bit so your gate bumps up against it to really minimize that gap.

View attachment 12268
All you need is a bit of chicken wire to keep out the veggie eaters.

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Cat, that's to my dog pen, not the garden. The garden would take a lot more than a little chicken wire. My garden fence is to keep deer and dogs out, it works for that.
Mine is for the same thing, Keep our 4 dogs out the german shepard we have keep the deer out and protect my chickens
and 3 outside cats.

Latest posts