Fencing Question

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We bought this property in October we finally got to move in it has
field wire around the perimeter. I had to do the chicken wire to
keep our little dog in it as he can walk through the field wire.
I am using chicken wire for the garden to stop rabbits and dogs
maybe even deer but most of that will fall to our shepard

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Whew! Yesterday I finally started putting the chicken wire along the bottom of the garden fence. That is more of a job than I imagined (of course). Even with yoga and tai-chi, I am not used to standing on my head that much.
And I got to see what a pitiful job I did putting up the original fence. :oops:
Getting ready to get back out there this morning. It's a beautiful day and Penny is at day care, so I don't have to worry with her. (She is not to be trusted off the leash, so it's a constant scramble keeping her happy and safe)
I would love to have the whole yard fenced. Believe it or not, DH has mentioned it. We'll see....
Electric fence is easy to install, works with most dogs, and is fairly inexpensive if you DIY.

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
managed to take 2 lol garden fence 001.jpg garden fence 002.jpg the second one is the start of the greenhouse frame
the second floor has not been brought out from the garage now it is sprinkling and I still need to mow down the grass so I may till the garden easier

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looking good! I suggest you look at installing a sill under your gates. Maybe use a 4x4 or 4x6 so the bottom of your gates bump against them when closed but you can still drive a tiller or tractor over them. Gates are often a weak area and I think rabbits would go right under that.

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Looking good! I suggest you look at installing a sill under your gates. Maybe use a 4x4 or 4x6 so the bottom of your gates bump against them when closed but you can still drive a tiller or tractor over them. Gates are often a weak area and I think rabbits would go right under that.

Thank you not a bad idea, our place is fully fenced but in field wire we have a small dog that
was able to walk out. I ran chicken against the field wire tying it very close. I am doing the same
around my garden.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, that is a weak area in my fortress, too. and some critter even dug out a handy little pass-through. I have it fixed for now.

Latest posts