Fencing Question

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Smart Red , I 've wondered about your signature.
:) Rocks?
Was reading these books on positive thinking, a problem or a help?
Steve
Like so many things, Steve, it was a blessing . . . and a curse. Whenever something bad happens my first thought is "it could have been worse". Then nothing seems to be all that bad anymore and I can handle it.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
"I'm mad as heck and I'm not taking it anymore!"

Almost like the movie, when I tried that, rolling down the car window and yelling - it didn't turn out so well.

Yeah, I forgot to roll down the window.

... good thing I was the passenger on that ride.

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Got my chicken wire from Lowes this morning. Might even try putting it up today, but I have puttered away half the day already, and haven't had my nap yet...(yawn....)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wait a minute!!!

It's after 1pm in Missouri, @so lucky ! You might not have "puttered away" time but you've got less than half a day left.

Steve
whose DD has no fence work for him today, has already had lunch ... & fell asleep immediately following

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't really want to get started with a mid-day nap. I'm afraid I'll get into the habit. I honestly wouldn't complain if DH started taking them. Right now he will go to bed as early as possible -- from 4:00 if possible -- and isn't eager to get up until well after 6:00 the next morning.

How we would find time for him to take a nap is beyond me.

I continue to stick to my idea that I can't go to bed before 8:00 at the earliest, but he's in and out of bed trying to get me with him. I am the first to get up, but if I don't "come back to bed for a while", he whines.

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Decided if I want a garden fence to keep the 4 dogs we have out need to rent a post hole digger
to get it done, it does look as maybe our winds from yesterday that had us scrambling to tie things down.
We have 2 PVC geodesic buildings covered by tarps. one we call the barn the tarp on it was a lighter
weight variety getting a bit thread bare the other is my chicken coop.
My Barn was set up in late October and faces more to the direction of the winds yesterday.
Also had chickens find a hole in the wire 6 went out to forage so the whole day was fun
to say the least.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Iff'n you're renting, get a power post hole digger. The manual ones are tough (for me).

Are you planning an all wood fence or do you just need the corner posts. I find that metal T-post fencing works well for my garden and is easier to put up.