Fertilizer math

Todd Ziegler

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have 2 fertilizers that call for 1 tablespoon per gallon of water. If I combine 10 ounces of each into a separate container ,would I need 2 tablespoons of the new mix in order to get the proper amount of each fertilizer, per gallon of water, from the new mix. Please humor me, I know it is not that hard to use 2 containers but I have a lot of partially used fertilizer and want to combine a few to make more room. However I am not good at this type of math. Both fertilizers are in powdered form.

HmooseK

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I would use about 1/4 teaspoon in each of your 10 ounce bottles since there are 128 ounces per gallon.

There are twelve 1/4 teaspoon per tablespoon

Last edited:

HmooseK

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Did I understand your question right? you not wanting to make a full gallon, correct?

Todd Ziegler

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I am wanting to make a full gallon but I understand what you said

HmooseK

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh ok. I just didn't want to steer you wrong

Todd Ziegler

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Not a problem. I am just running out of room and I am trying to combine some fertilizer together in order to make some space. My problem is that I can't pass up a clearance deal on good fertilizer. I use mostly organic but some is natural but not listed as organic

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not a simple answer. What are the formulations. If you are doubling up one N-P-K, then stay at one/gallon.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
K, little fertilizer there, no worries. Use cup/gallon if you want. You are buying very expensive phosphates and potashes

Latest posts