Finally I get a Greenhouse! Such Drama!

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
marsh mallow and the texas star hibiscus....Dang I thought you would remember me

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
OMG ...yes!

Perfect! Just in time for me to get my greenhouse up and operating!

I love this! :celebrate

THANKS!!! :ya

Ron

country lady

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Ron: "Every time your grandmother 'pops' into your head is when she is checking up on you! Whether it is because of something you smelled or something that reminded you of her.

It is all very simple. When your grandmother 'pops' in your head, it is those times you can talk to her and tell her what is going on in your life; this way she gets to visit and get updates from you!"

Ron, you are so smart. I think of my grandmother all the time as I age. She had very little education but, oh so smart in other ways. She was a super-duper gardener. When I was young, maybe 12 or so, I was embarrassed by her folksy, uneducated manner. When I got older, I realized the ignorance was mine, not hers. Maturity, for me, must have set in. Before she died, I sent her flowers and she insisted they be placed where she could see them. A few years ago, we were going through her picture box and there was a Mother's Day card and letter that I had sent her. I still regret not showing her more affection. I hope the young people on this website will show their grandparents how much they love them.

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thank you country lady,

This works with anyone you hold dear. I was fortunate enough to have my Gram up until I turned 14.

In my adult life I have lost many a friend, some whom were very young and vibrant people; I feel them often. When I am busy or have my mind distracted by living, suddenly I will get those moments where an old friend 'pops' in my head; then it all makes sense. Often, during these times, I can imagine hearing their voices just as I had last heard them last, and I imagine what they would say about my world as it is! LOL, then I imagine their laugh. Their faces seem clearer during these moments!

However, I will also add this: Everyone already knows the answers! All along we knew which way to turn, which choice to take, how to accept something; all along we knew the answers in our heart!

The trouble with us is sometimes we have to go around the circle a few times to find ourselves back at the same question,...and then we listen! :frow

Ron :coolsun

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I started tearing out all the nest boxes, and then taking off 3 panels of the plexiglass so that I could remove the heaters. They were wired under the panels.

Well, I broke one! What a bummer! I really did not want to go out and buy new plexiglass, and I did not order enough UV Polyfilm to cover this window too!

Well, I thought and I thought and it finally struck me to repair the plexiglass! So with Aluminum tape I got creative. The crack is the full length of the tape!

Here is the view from outside the 'greenhouse'
6165_crack2.jpg

Here is the inside view, next I will start to caulk and seal everything, then a new coat of paint everywhere.
6165_crack.jpg

6165_crack1.jpg

Oh, and my Polyfilm arrived!! :weee

Ron

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
injunjoe said:
Good idea with the tape repair.
So she is ready to be enclosed ?

Joe
Not yet. I did go out shopping and found these plastic angle lengths that are 1/2 inch on either side with an adhesive strip on each side. I plan to cut these in half length-wise to make a single 1/2 inch strip of plastic. Then these will be cut to fit the window and with 1 inch overhang I will stick the plastic strip and roll the plastic then tack it to the panel. This should give it strength and prevent the plastic from ripping in the wind.

I will take pictures when that happens, but for now it is still 'repair' time. I have several spots I will be using Liquid Nails Adhesive, and then a ton of Paintable Silicone Caulking. Once all the nooks and crannies are filled and set then I will repaint!

After the panels are inclosed the next big task will be to produce shelves to hold all my plants. I am leaving all the heavy cage screening which is 1/2 x 1 inch galvanized material. This is what will hold the brackets to hold the shelves. The plastic will not be touching the wire screening, it will be about an inch off of it.

Again, I will take pictures ... I think I am looking at about 2 weeks, maybe less.

Ron

Just in time for our first freeze which usually hits before Halloween!

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I feel like the slow turtle about all of this; you would think that a freeze is months away with my pace of things!

But anyways, here are some pictures of the shelving. I used red cedar for the shelving so will not paint it. The sun was setting and I should probably have waited until it set!

After the shelving is done I can finally start to add the Polyfilm! The flooring of the greenhouse will remain soil for growing greens! Yeah! Cilantro in the winter!

here is the view through the doorway
6165_shelf3.jpg

to the right
6165_shelf2.jpg

to the left
6165_shelf1.jpg

through the side (soon to be covered)
6165_shelf.jpg

I didn't want to overcrowd myself with shelving. I will still place larger pots on the floor, and hang chains for hanging baskets! Of course I might have to fit a chair in there too! :gig

Ron

Latest posts