First Autumn Frost on its way to White Plains!

frontiergirl53

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I wish I had weather like you! We had a crazy rainstorm last night, and the high today is 90 degrees and this weekend its gonna be 100! :eek:

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are nearly back to summer weather; supposed to creep back into the upper 80's the next few days, but then rain and low 80's, upper 70's next week. The slant of the sun and the smells outside tell me it is September, whether the temperature does or not.
With all the chores outside that I have neglected due to the heat, (and my inherent laziness) that must be done now, we are having over night guests this weekend, and our house has become the repository for the remains of cleaning out two sets of parent's households. We barely have room to turn around. Ugh.
Probably another season going by without having a clean-out yard sale, too. When will I have time to sit outside on the front porch with my coffee and watch all the poor young people drive by on their way to work?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think I dodged a bullet last night. Dh had taken the frost cloth off the tomatoes and peppers when he picked them last week and didn't put it back on. Neither did I, and when I was all cozy on the couch in my jammies last night I clicked on the forecast. 37 was predicted for the low, which usually means 3 or 4 degrees colder at my house.
Did I get up and go out in the dark to protect the garden?
No.
Somebody must have turned the gravity up under the couch, because I knew I couldn't possibly struggle out of it to do my garden duty.
Bad! Bad gardener! :eek:

But it didn't even get down to 37, so everything is still good. :)

Latest posts